Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Marius

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #460 on: 30 Apr 2014, 04:10 pm »
HI Chris,

Not at my bdp right now, i can see on http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/manicmoose/avail you've upgraded to 0429, but thats all, no description of version changes is available here . Is there another way (website) to see the changes, while not being in MM software interface?

my specific interest: i would like to know whether 0429 fixes the bricking issue of 0425....

Thanks±!
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #461 on: 1 May 2014, 12:58 am »
HI Chris,

Not at my bdp right now, i can see on http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/manicmoose/avail you've upgraded to 0429, but thats all, no description of version changes is available here . Is there another way (website) to see the changes, while not being in MM software interface?

my specific interest: i would like to know whether 0429 fixes the bricking issue of 0425....

Thanks±!
Marius

Should, that's not to say April 30 won't introduce new bricking problems.

Cheers
Chris

BigGeek

« Reply #462 on: 1 May 2014, 01:14 am »
Under Disk Info, the 'used' and 'available' fields are reversed.

Chris, this has been an issue for a while. Has no one else noticed this? It tells me that most of my drve is used and when I look at it from my PC the numbers read the opposite of what is shown in mm drive info.

Popping this back to the top since it got no responses before.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #463 on: 1 May 2014, 04:03 pm »
Popping this back to the top since it got no responses before.

Should be fixed in tonights update

BigGeek

« Reply #464 on: 1 May 2014, 06:34 pm »
Thanks. I've been updating nightly. Everything has been smooth for me with that process. I tried a DSD file with yesterday's build, since it was listed as one of the enhancements, and it didn't play. Am I missing something?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #465 on: 1 May 2014, 06:45 pm »
Thanks. I've been updating nightly. Everything has been smooth for me with that process. I tried a DSD file with yesterday's build, since it was listed as one of the enhancements, and it didn't play. Am I missing something?

Hi

What DSD DAC are you using?

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #466 on: 2 May 2014, 01:07 am »

You will still need a USB Dac capable of decoding DoP and set the dac to USB capable in the audio devices page.

Cheers
Chris

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #467 on: 2 May 2014, 05:53 pm »
Looks like a couple of minor page formatting issues crept into the 5/2 build. Otherwise, seems to be working well!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #468 on: 3 May 2014, 04:52 am »
Looks like a couple of minor page formatting issues crept into the 5/2 build. Otherwise, seems to be working well!

playing around with a few things to avoid another graphical glitch that is much more annoying

Marius

« Reply #469 on: 3 May 2014, 08:29 am »
HI,

Thought i was safe in 0410 to upgrade to the todays version, which downloaded fine to my usb thumb drive, but alas, this is what keeps happening when clicking install ...

Chris, is there a terminal command you can help me with, or do i gave to go back again to LL 1.73 and start all over?

Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #470 on: 3 May 2014, 03:49 pm »
Hi Marius,

I'd recommend trying the non advance method of updating the firmware.  You may also need to refresh the seperate update pages or even clear your cache.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #471 on: 3 May 2014, 04:05 pm »
It finally went after downloading another version thus forcing to make a choice between versions ... Seems odd but it worked.

Cache etall were cleared and refreshed several times, even rebooted the bdp twice.

Will try non advanced next time, though I have non idea what that means ,-)

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius,

I'd recommend trying the non advance method of updating the firmware.  You may also need to refresh the seperate update pages or even clear your cache.

Cheers,
Chris

BigGeek

« Reply #472 on: 5 May 2014, 06:45 pm »
I played a 96-24 wav file last night and I noticed that the sample rate that was displayed in MM showed 44.1K. I closed MM and opened it again and it continued to show 44.1K. I could have sworn that I saw it correctly showing the sample rate in the past. Not sure why it showed the wrong number last night. My SP2 clearly showed 96K for the file as it played.

Cheers

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #473 on: 6 May 2014, 01:28 am »
I played a 96-24 wav file last night and I noticed that the sample rate that was displayed in MM showed 44.1K. I closed MM and opened it again and it continued to show 44.1K. I could have sworn that I saw it correctly showing the sample rate in the past. Not sure why it showed the wrong number last night. My SP2 clearly showed 96K for the file as it played.

Cheers

I'm not surprised to see new bugs arise with the kernel change, I'll try recompiling the packages used by MPD sometime this week against the new kernel.

Cheers,
Chris

BigGeek

« Reply #474 on: 6 May 2014, 02:39 pm »
I'm not complaining. Just trying to be helpful. I have a lot of experience with release candidates and trying to get them right.

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #475 on: 7 May 2014, 06:15 pm »
removed

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #477 on: 8 May 2014, 01:56 pm »
Sorry. A post that began as an observation that the artist-view would not load was removed by me shortly after posting. It turned out that it was simply taking an unusually long time - a condition I've not been able to reproduce. I try not to bother you with possible bugs unless I can reproduce them.
-Gary

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #478 on: 8 May 2014, 07:06 pm »
Sorry. A post that began as an observation that the artist-view would not load was removed by me shortly after posting. It turned out that it was simply taking an unusually long time - a condition I've not been able to reproduce. I try not to bother you with possible bugs unless I can reproduce them.
-Gary

there's a few of those still in the firmware

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #479 on: 9 May 2014, 12:39 pm »
Hi Chris,

The new firmware update mechanism looks good, and the notification is great too. However, I am constantly told that I have a firmware update available, but when I view the list, I see only up to the same version I already have installed. What's triggering this?

-Gary