NFL 21/22 Season

rodge827

Re: NFL 21/22 Season
« Reply #100 on: 16 Jan 2022, 01:49 am »
That's a great point, scoring the different officiating crews as a whole, rather than the individual refs. I would be all for that rule change.  :thumb:
Thanks Jerry, cool story.  Yes, I was aware how they do it, it's still stupid.  They should score the best officiating teams.  They don't pick an all star team to play the Superbowl do they?

+100

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #101 on: 16 Jan 2022, 01:51 am »
And just for clarity, I'm a Saints fan. Because the Saints have all marched home, I'm now a Joe Burrow fan. I hope the kid takes it all.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #102 on: 16 Jan 2022, 11:36 am »
Steelers and Eagles fan here, lived in both places for decades each, so today will be brutal on the face of it.  But both cities are so happy to sneak into the playoffs for an appearance that nobody cares.  Both groups are hoping for a miracle, but hold no illusions, except for that one guy on my Pittsburgh group FB page who keeps posting "On any given Sunday".  Yeah, well, not this one skippy.  (Hope springs eternal for that Steelers/Eagles Superbowl)

FireGuy

« Reply #103 on: 16 Jan 2022, 12:14 pm »
Done in zero degrees wind chill.   What a beat down.  Allen is a beast of a QB.  True def for team (league) MVP.

charmerci

« Reply #104 on: 16 Jan 2022, 02:46 pm »
Buffalo's performance was spectacular. I say they are the team to beat. Hard to believe that they won't be in the SB.

JDoyle

« Reply #105 on: 16 Jan 2022, 02:49 pm »
Luv the last TD to Tommy Doyle (not sure why I do, but there’s gotta be a reason).

jjss49

« Reply #106 on: 16 Jan 2022, 06:18 pm »
Buffalo's performance was spectacular. I say they are the team to beat. Hard to believe that they won't be in the SB.

agree - josh allen is an absolute beast

question is can the bills maintain that level, not have a hiccup, for the upcoming games - they have laid many eggs this year after good weeks

as for bill b and the pats... well gravity has an effect... they were never real contenders, just a nice little mid season streak for a somewhat above average team

thorman

« Reply #107 on: 17 Jan 2022, 01:07 am »
 How about those Cowboys !!!!!!

rbbert

« Reply #108 on: 17 Jan 2022, 01:34 am »
Most stupid penalties ever (right in front of an official and most were unnecessary), and I’ll bet most grade school football fans know an official has to set the ball down between plays

rodge827

« Reply #109 on: 17 Jan 2022, 01:44 am »
Romo is nauseating when calling a Cowboys game!  :roll: :duh: :thumbdown:

Doublej

« Reply #110 on: 17 Jan 2022, 01:45 am »
What happens if the ball is snapped before the ref gets out of the way?

jjss49

« Reply #111 on: 17 Jan 2022, 04:06 am »
49ers played a great, physical game -- as usual, they almost screw it up at the end, win despite themselves - next week in green bay they will surely need their edge rushers in high gear to have a chance

the cowboys, otoh, were just embarrassing

stlrman

« Reply #112 on: 18 Jan 2022, 03:07 am »
I am waiting for a competitive well played game . All these games have been shit !!!
Cowboys game was the closest, but damn that was sloppy!! I think the Cowgirls had the most penalties ever in a playoff game .
Was hoping for a good Monday night game , but Arizona is in a world of hurt down 21-0 . With a whopping 40 yards of total offense in the first half , and two interceptions.
Here is hoping next weeks games offer some entertainment!!

jjss49

« Reply #113 on: 18 Jan 2022, 05:01 am »
another scintillating nfl playoff battle!!!   :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

twitch54

« Reply #114 on: 18 Jan 2022, 02:32 pm »
Romo is nauseating when calling a Cowboys game!  :roll: :duh: :thumbdown:

agreed 100% !!

twitch54

« Reply #115 on: 18 Jan 2022, 02:33 pm »
What happens if the ball is snapped before the ref gets out of the way?

good chance he will get run over ........... :D

twitch54

« Reply #116 on: 18 Jan 2022, 02:37 pm »

I hear 'ya and considering their past performances anything less than a SB will be a disappointment. With that being said, J. Hurts of the Beagles made an accurate statement yesterday, 'at seasons end there can only be one team that's not disappointed' 

rbbert

« Reply #117 on: 18 Jan 2022, 03:40 pm »
good chance he will get run over ........... :D

A couple of amazing (to me) things I have read that McCarthy and Prescott said.  Prescott said they (the Cowboys) had practiced the last play scenario as him handing the ball to the center to place down and then letting an official touch the ball before the snap, which is so obviously inconsistent with NFL rules that I wonder where the idea came from.  Oh yes, McCarthy said he thought the play would be automatically reviewed and Dallas would be given another chance; how did this guy ever get a head coaching job in the NFL, to say nothing of more than one??  More than a few pundits have proposed that McCarthy should have won (several) more Super Bowls with Green Bay than only the one he managed.

johzel

« Reply #118 on: 18 Jan 2022, 04:18 pm »
More than a few pundits have proposed that McCarthy should have won (several) more Super Bowls with Green Bay than only the one he managed.

Not sure about pundits but as a life long Packers fan I can tell you most Wisconsin folks sure believe he should have won more Super Bowls.  His coaching blunders in the January 2015 NFC Championship game against Seattle will not be soon forgotten. He should have been fired from the Packers the next day.  Speaking of "our" Packers, if the defense that has played the last month of the season shows up again on Saturday night we will lose to the 49ers. Can't believe it's a night game.  So, you play a game in January in Green Bay and decide to play it at night when the temperature drops 15-20 degrees . . . High is forecast for 21, low at 3 (not considering windchill which could be considerable if the wind holds at 15 mph) . . . guess the NFL execs will be sitting in a booth.  Then again, that's not all that bad for January in Wisconsin.   :thumb:

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #119 on: 18 Jan 2022, 05:01 pm »
I am waiting for a competitive well played game . All these games have been shit !!!
Cowboys game was the closest, but damn that was sloppy!! I think the Cowgirls had the most penalties ever in a playoff game .
Was hoping for a good Monday night game , but Arizona is in a world of hurt down 21-0 . With a whopping 40 yards of total offense in the first half , and two interceptions.
Here is hoping next weeks games offer some entertainment!!

The second weekend of playoffs (Divisional Round) is usually the best. Let’s hope.