Acoustic panel in front of windows

lxgreen

Acoustic panel in front of windows
« on: 13 May 2021, 12:36 am »
I have these Kindtics versatile absorber on the side of my room in front of windows. I had them sitting on a box and leaning against windows but was looking for more elegant solution. I tried hanging from ceiling but the foam core is not holding the anchors I used.I am thinking of ordering some Rotofast anchors but the vendor wasn’t sure if it would hold or maybe cause a bulge . Anyone else had success with this type of install?

dfw

Re: Acoustic panel in front of windows
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2022, 05:48 pm »
Rotofasts are great.  We use them all the time.  We don't have problems with bulging but we use multiple fasteners to make sure we distribute the load.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2022, 11:05 am »
I saw the topic and thought hey, I'm doing that.  But when I read your post I realized that I'm at the leaning against the window stage so would be of no help.  My stereo room is in total disarray so when I bought some new to me speakers I put them in the living room 2 channel TV system just to hear them, but something was off.  So I grabbed an absorber panel from the stereo room and leaned it against the sliding glass door, problem solved.  Hope you find a solution.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2022, 11:09 am »
Suggest running a 1/4 inch piece of wood or metal across the top, the thickness of the panel and attach it to the panel via a series of drywall screws and then attach the hooks you've shown to the wood/metal.

CharlieCH

« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2023, 02:44 am »
I have two 244 GIK panels behind my head and in front of a window mounted on stands.  They are light and easy to move should I want to get to the window.