Khartago Mono Extreme SE +++

germay0653

Khartago Mono Extreme SE +++
« on: 5 Apr 2010, 03:21 pm »
I received the delivery of my amps on Friday afternoon and all I can say is WOW!!!  There is so much more discernable low level detail and the soundstage has just opened up.  The build quality is amazing.  They just sound sooo much better than my Adcam GFA-5500 and I'm not knocking the Adcoms, they're wonderful amps but the Khartago's sound that much better.  I don't know how Klaus and team does it but I couldn't be happer with my purchase.  Out of the box they sounded wonderfull and as each day goes by they get better and at low to moderate listening levels they don't even break a sweat.  I haven't pushed them yet and will wait for a little more break-in before I turn the volume up.  I'll also be posting some pics shortly.

Thanks to Klaus and team!  I am one very happy customer! :D

srb

Re: Khartago Mono Extreme SE +++
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2010, 03:41 pm »
I'm not going to debate break-in versus no break-in, but to "wait for a little more break-in before I turn the volume up"?

Really?

Steve

germay0653

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2010, 05:00 pm »
For the other family members, who have overly sensitive ears, in the house.  I'll wait til they aren't around.  It's a figure of speech. 

kingdeezie

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2010, 06:05 pm »
They will take a while to break in....

When Klaus sent me back my Kismetros amplifiers; I would say it took about 300-400 hours to finally settle down.

I had a very rollarcoaster like break in; somedays it would sound amazing, and then other days it would sound like it needed more time. 

They will get better with age!  :thumb:

Enjoy!

jdodmead

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2010, 09:43 pm »
I second what Kingdeezie said, get ready for a roller coaster, one day they sound great the next day not as good.

Jeff

germay0653

« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2010, 12:39 am »
Klaus details the break-in process in the manual.  So far I've experienced little that is not so good but am expecting it.  It's only been 72 hours. No worries.  Once they settle in I'm sure I'll still be very happy with them.

jgr757

« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2010, 04:45 am »
I didn't know the Kartago had an SE edition.  Thanks for the review and comments everyone.  With the Extreme SEs you can power most anything or even worse, get another pair and bi-amp!  Happy listening.

germay0653

« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr 2010, 04:23 pm »
Mine just keep getting better (and it's only been a week).  Had an all night listening session last night and it's like listening to my collection all over again.  The detail, soundstage and presence these amps convey is amazing.  Future purchase may be another mono for the center channel and a stereo version for the rear channels!  Wooooo Hooooo!

germay0653

« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2010, 02:43 pm »
Here are the pics of the amp.  It includes 4 Reference caps, light blue, and TS Premium wiring.  I orginally wanted all reference caps but the case size, of the Khartago, would allow them because of size restrictions.  Regardless, these amps are so smooth, clean and fast.  I'm definitely a happy customer.  Thanks Klaus!