FYI - Aurum Cantus G2Si Replacement Ribbons

JakeJ

FYI - Aurum Cantus G2Si Replacement Ribbons
« on: 19 Apr 2023, 04:23 pm »
Hi gang,

Just received notification of shipping from Parts Express for the four Aurum Cantus G2Si replacement ribbons I ordered 3 or 4 months ago.  Woo Hoo!  Get 'em while they last.

2bigears

Re: FYI - Aurum Cantus G2Si Replacement Ribbons
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2023, 05:47 pm »
 :D haha.  I bought a few of those too. One came damaged. They are hard to put in just perfect. How do you know your stretch is just right ?  And if the ribbon is not perfectly straight ?  But it sure is cheaper ,,  :D

GeorgeAb

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2023, 06:34 pm »

Good PSA. Yes, they have been back ordered a few times for up to 3 months. Fortunately, I had a spare set as when I had an issue that took out my ribbons. They are super reasonably priced so really no reason not to go 3 months without music.

Put some pointers together on installing the ribbons here: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=179843.0

How do you know your stretch is just right ?  And if the ribbon is not perfectly straight ? 

Stretch is as designed by placing last corrugated crease right up to the inside edge of the holding block. I attempt to get it spot on in the middle; however, it is tough. I call it good as long as it is not touching edge of cloth covered magnet on either side. 

2bigears

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2023, 06:58 pm »
 :D the pictures show you got them pretty dam good. I bought 2 new complete tweeters. I should send you my old ones and you can do your good work on them.  The guy I bought the speakers from didn't cover them and mine were bad right outta the box.   :D