Stereovox XV2 vs HDXV digital IC

1000a

Stereovox XV2 vs HDXV digital IC
« on: 14 Jun 2007, 09:58 am »
i now hear there is a brand new replacement (XV2) and it stomps the old one (HDVX) which I have been happily enjoying for years now.  Anyone heard the new one :D - the reviewer below said its no contest old vs new one?  so  :drool:   :scratch:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0706/stereovox_xv2.htm

priced the same 150. as the HDVX was

this is one cable I would still buy, but all the others IMS are DIY magwire,

Loftprojection

Re: Stereovox XV2 vs HDXV digital IC
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2007, 01:47 pm »
Interesting, I've also been more than satisfied with my HDXV and haven't been thinking about a different cable since I bought it two years ago.  This new XV2 is tempting, the review is quite plain and to the point, I like it!  Hopefully others have tried it, if not I think you may have raised my curiosity and I might have to take the plunge! :duh:  I really hate these forums!  :icon_twisted:

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2007, 02:20 pm »
The XV2 is definitely an improvement.  I have 1.5m demos (not for sale) if anyone wants to try them and compare.

Monolith

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2007, 02:38 pm »
The XV2 is definitely an improvement.  I have 1.5m demos (not for sale) if anyone wants to try them and compare.

PM sent

1000a

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2007, 04:37 pm »
Hmm   :drool: :drool:

1000a

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2007, 04:42 pm »
any particular sonic advantage using the .5 meter instead of the 1 meter?

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2007, 05:24 pm »
Some people claim that you need a cable longer than 1 meter.  I don't know if there is a benefit or not.  I just happen to have 1.5 meters on hand.

gitarretyp

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2007, 05:36 pm »
I believe the longer cable length helps to attenuate reflected signals originating from the cable's interfaces.

Jon L

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2007, 08:29 pm »
XV2 stopped my digital cable merry-go-round cold for now. 

Interestingly, I thought I hated it at first.  There is NO softening, extra-blooming, artificial warmth, rounding-off that you hear with many digital cables that are touted as "musical."  Now if I try sticking in other digital cables in XV2's place, I wonder how I lived with these mirky cables all these years  :scratch:

1000a

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2007, 10:06 pm »
i hope my system can continue to stay smooth and liquidy I have gained so much air and definition in the last 2 months of effort its a little scary.  i loved thd the HDVX so its mostly a no brainer for me.  I have found any harness in my system being corrected mostly by room treatments, so many times its not the info being delievered in such clarity its the info bouncing off the walls to much, here I have gained more clarity but at the same time more smoothness. :D