Willie’s 1938 Wurlitzer amps in south county Saturday October 27th 12 to 6

daves

Willie is bringing  his gloriously rebuilt and restored 1938 Wurlitzer jukebox amps for a visit. These amps are truly special, starting life as Type 771 amps with some way serious iron to last continuous 24-7-365 operation, two 30 driver tubes, 4 45 output tubes, and a 5Z3 rectifier. Willie creates beasts that are both exotic, rare, and special, so this is not a session to miss!

We will drop these into the kitchen system with the Altec 19s, so come hear some 45 tubes in full bay. We will target going from 12 noon to 6 pm, with a stock of Octoberfest beverages.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2018, 11:49 am by daves »

daves

Willie has photos of the Wurlitzer restorations in his Drummerwill gallery. It is worth taking a look!

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;image=8627
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2018, 11:50 pm by daves »

pinkfloyd4ever

Sounds cool! It's a little far out to say for sure at this point, but I believe I should be able to make it.

daves

In the den, we now have the Threshold FET One Series II preamp running with the Threshold S300 Series II amplifier, feeding our long fallowed Thiel CS3.6 speakers. Rich stopped by today, and after a couple hours of listening, he pronounced the Thiels to be a step up from the Klipsch RF7s. The Thiels did not sound lean with the Thresholds to our ears, but this will be in the mix for the next year or so.

At some time I think we will roll through the Citation II and VRD monoblocs, both PP KT88 tube amps that should have the current and balls to drive the Thiels.  :popcorn:

mjmsound

Sounds like a good selection. I would like to take a listen to that setup. :thumb:

chalmersiv

sounds xx  reads like that would good......what can I bring...gordon

daves

Gordon, a fruit tray or a couple loaves of Companion bread would be great! Thanks :thumb:

daves

Where is everyone? I mean, the crickets are chirping and we posted about an event over a month in advance, and.... it is a leper colony in Nepal. Isn’t anyone else coming?

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
Hi, Dave.  Just saw your note - I will try to attend on the 27th.  Let me know if you need any beer or man-food. 

Also. I am thinking of a special event at my place in mid-November.  I ordered a 50th Anniversary copy of 2001: A Space Odessey which is in 4K.  I am thinking of having the gang over for a screening followed by a listening session.  I will also have the Sony / Pass Amp up in the man-cave with whatever music anyone wants to listen to.

pinkfloyd4ever

I'm still looking forward to being there  :thumb:

Blackmore

I believe I can make it and thanks for setting this up.

daves

Sounds good, gentlemen. I’ll pull out the laptop tomorrow and get lists started

Nuts .... Joe
cheeses
Tea
Juices
Beer
Smoked meats...us
Veggies... Kent
Pastry
Fruits
Breads... Gordon
Belly dancers
Dips and crackers... Mark

« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2018, 09:58 pm by daves »

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
I should be able to make it on 10/27.

daves

There is just under a week to go; is anyone else planning to attend? We are firming up some details, and having a hard count helps!

Phil G.

Dave,

I don't know if I replied online or not, but I do plan on being there on the 27th.

Phil G.

wedweb

Dave,

I'm looking at attending also.  Will need your address again and what else you need food wise?

Bo

daves

We haves rsvps from
Steve
Bo
Kent
Debbie
Phil
Ken
Mark
Kevin
Mike
Joe
Don
Willie
Adrian
Gordon
Gabe
Susan
If I missed anyone, please RSVP today. Also, please chime in if you can bring something!
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2018, 07:30 pm by daves »

Blackmore

I'll bring some chip and dip.  See you soon.

daves

Cool beans, Mark. Looking forward to seeing you!

Bo, anything on the above list is great.
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2018, 09:34 pm by daves »

wedweb

I bet you'd literally freak out if I brought belly dancers...  :)