Bryston B60 and PMC GB1

Nightscrawler

Bryston B60 and PMC GB1
« on: 26 Apr 2007, 04:25 am »
Hello, I am new to here.  :D

I am a beginner in home audio. Since I am moving to a new home soon, I want to look for an entry grade stuffs.  :drool:

I like pop, rock, country and some band sound too. However, my listening area would be my dining room too, which is quite small indeed. I think it will be around 9ft x 14ft in total. And I don't hear really loud...

I have just been to a showroom yesterday, with a B60 and FB1+. The result is absolute fantastic. But there are no GB1 for testing. And the showroom is around 250ft to 300ft. I worry about if B60 is able to control GB1 too (GB1's 87db vs FB1's 90db). Or if I use FB1+ in my room, will there be booming of bass??

Anyone can help?

Many thanks here.

Ted

rhart

Re: Bryston B60 and PMC GB1
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2007, 11:58 am »
The B60 will drive the GB1s without a problem -- though they love more power. I have a B60 SST and DB1 speakers (same driver & tweeter as the GB1) and have all the bass I need in a small room. Unless you will be moving the system to a larger room in the future, I'd save some $$ and get the DB1+ or a set of TB2 monitor speakers with some quality stands: they will likely integrate better in your small room and they'll image better. I had some TB1 monitors a while back, and truly miss then, even compared to the DB1s.

Nightscrawler

Re: Bryston B60 and PMC GB1
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2007, 02:00 am »
Thanks, rhart.  :thumb:

May I know what is difference if the GB1s/DB1 are feed with more power? When I was in the showroom (around 250ft), I think that the B60RDA with the FB1+ was able to provide the volume more than I need.

Anyone can share?

Many thanks here again.

Ted