power conditioners

drummermitchell

power conditioners
« on: 23 Nov 2006, 05:34 am »
Hi,I own some shunyata (hydra 6,4 hydra 2) has anybody compared Torus conditioners to the shunyata.I like what I have but if I can get more out of my system(arcam av8,dac1,arcam dv79,2x7b-sst monoblocks,4b-sst and revel performa 50as.I would like to know if somebody has had personal experience with the two.Any thoughts greatly appreciated,Thanks Don

mklibra

Re: power conditioners
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2007, 09:15 pm »

Hello, I did not have a chance to compare Torus to Shunyata, but having had Shunyata 8 for some time with the fabulous results with my Theta didgital front end, Pass pre and Magnum Dynalab hooked to it, I naturaly pluged my Bryston 4BSST C into Hydra. Just few days ago, I decided to plug the Bryton directly to the wall socket (240V Europe). I was realy shocked how much better the 4BSST C sounded without Hydra!
More dynamics, better bottom and top ends, much faster sound. It is strange since Hydra 8 should not limit the current and my so-far experience with amplification from Copland CTA 402 (tube) or Creek was as positive as with other components run through Hydra. Did you have any experience in this particular issue? If not please have some patience unplug your Bryston amp from Hydra and give your system a listen. Grateful for your feedback. Regards. Marcin Krason