Locating RM-200 MkII Manual & Identifying Fuse

Phil_C

Locating RM-200 MkII Manual & Identifying Fuse
« on: 16 Sep 2011, 09:05 pm »
I have owned the excellent RM-200 MkII amp for a few years.  I purchased it new from a dealer but an owner’s manual wasn’t included with the delivery.  I didn’t really have a need for the manual until now, so I have begun looking for it in earnest.   I visited the Music Reference/Ram Labs web site where some manuals are listed for order but an RM-200 manual isn’t listed.   I understand that Roger is very busy, so I don’t want to bother him about a manual if possible.  Anyone in the community have an idea how I can get my hands on a manual?

For one thing, I am hoping the manual will identify the amp’s fuse type and physical size.  I examined the amp’s spare fuse and it’s marked,  fT250mAH250VP, so I’m guessing it’s a .25 amp, 250 volt fuse.  Though not indicated by the marking as best I can tell, I’m also guessing it’s a 5 x 20 mm slow blow fuse. But guessing is a bad, bad thing when it comes to fuses.  Can anyone verify the correct fuse?

By the way, I am planning on tweeking a bit to try to achieve even better sound by replacing the stock fuse with a Furutech “Audiophile Fuse” provided they make a fuse that matches.  Besides the expense, is this a bad idea?

Thanks

rbwalt

Re: Locating RM-200 MkII Manual & Identifying Fuse
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2011, 11:33 pm »
stick with the type and specs for the fuse that is in it. better yet e-mail roger for the right type. i would not change the fuse to a different type other than what roger says. if you want to tweek it try a different PC if you are not already using one a good one. also if it is not on say some brass cones and pucks( i.e. walker valid points & pucks) give them a try. i have them under my RM9SE and it made a very nice improvement.

R.

ps. roger should have a manual for it.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2011, 09:42 pm »
Phil, don't worry about "bothering" Roger for a manual. If he has one he will be happy to provide it.  You might have to wait awhile because he's a busy man, but he is generous with his time and advice.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2011, 10:02 pm »
PM Roger with the title "Audiocircle member needs help!" and he should get to you sooner than later.  Best of luck!

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2011, 08:35 pm »
We always have fuses and tubes for all our products. First look on tubeaudiostore.com where it is easy to place an order online. If you don't find it there contact sal@audiosumma.com. We recently printed a few manuals for sale. The fuse situation changes from time to time as older part numbers are replaced with new ones. The RM-9 MK II, RM-10 and RM-200 have slightly different fuses but a 200 mA high breaking ceramic fuse is suitable for all. Just because a fuse is ceramic doesn't mean its high breaking and a  tuning fuse is absolutely the worst thing you can use for a tube fuse. They are the opposite of high breaking though the distributor doesn't seem to know this.