NuForce to replace MCH amplifiers with MCA series?

RickyDeg

A friend of mine e-mailed NuForce and got a reply from a Mr Jyri Jokirinta (Senior Sales Manager) who said that their MCH amplifiers will be replaced by the MCA series.

Does anyone know if this truly is the case? Seems to me the MCH amplifiers are in a different league to the MCA. As a new owner of a MCH-300SEC7 I would find a discontinued development of these amplifiers (V4, anyone?) a bit sad. One of the reasons I bought it in the first place was to have the option of a future upgrade.

John Casler

Re: NuForce to replace MCH amplifiers with MCA series?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2013, 07:32 pm »
Hi Ricky,

That does look like the case.  :(

Since the introduction of the MCH series they have always been critically acclaimed.  That said, recent developments in the technology has allowed NuFORCE to offer a very high performance amp (the MCA-20) for an even lower price.

I think the marketing decision was to phase out the more expensive amps since the market share would have been reduced by the price/performance of the MCA-20.

There is more to come, but I am not at liberty to disclose the future possibilities.

sac8d4

« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2013, 04:42 am »
John,

No offense, but I find this especially hard to believe that the MCA-20 Amp (based on the STA-100 amp modules) are even in the same league as the MCH-300SE-C7 (based on the 9VSE3 am modules). 

RickyDeg

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2013, 03:01 pm »
John,

No offense, but I find this especially hard to believe that the MCA-20 Amp (based on the STA-100 amp modules) are even in the same league as the MCH-300SE-C7 (based on the 9VSE3 am modules).

I truly find that hard to believe as well.

RickyDeg

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2013, 03:04 pm »
Hi Ricky,

That does look like the case.  :(

Since the introduction of the MCH series they have always been critically acclaimed.  That said, recent developments in the technology has allowed NuFORCE to offer a very high performance amp (the MCA-20) for an even lower price.

I think the marketing decision was to phase out the more expensive amps since the market share would have been reduced by the price/performance of the MCA-20.

There is more to come, but I am not at liberty to disclose the future possibilities.

Thank you for the reply, John.

What an extremely disappointing move by NuForce if so. As a new owner of MCH-300SEC7 part of the reason I devoted myself to buy it was the likely possibility of future upgrades of the amp with new modules (V4). I think that is (was?) one of the things that set MCH apart from other multichannel power amps on the market.

This is not good.

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2013, 06:47 pm »
Hi Guys,

I was very careful to "not" say that one was better than the other, for I haven't had the opportunity to directly compare.   

I know that the decisions are not based on any one issue, but are multi-factorial and there were some other "manufacturing/production issues" out of NuFORCE's Control that were also involved forcing the development.

As well the trickle (down/up) of technologies at lower price points also entered into the EOL for the MCH.

That said, I have had substantial experience with the STA-100 module and when well burned in, it has sonic capabilities well beyond its weight class, but it will depend on your system and listening environment as to how well you can discern them.

The MCH Series will be well supported, and while I am not at liberty to expound, the MCA Series has additional potential, again at a lower price point for NuFORCE enthusiasts.