Need help with V25 Attenuator

slefley

Need help with V25 Attenuator
« on: 8 Apr 2023, 06:27 pm »
My V25 stopped responding to the remote last night.  I replaced the battery with no change.  I tried another remote - also no change.  I tried re-pairing both remotes - nothing.

The unit is working otherwise because if I press on the knob the volume ramps down to mute.  And then if I press it again the volume ramps back up. 

Any ideas on what may be going on?

Thanks, Steve

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Need help with V25 Attenuator
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2023, 03:09 pm »
My V25 stopped responding to the remote last night.  I replaced the battery with no change.  I tried another remote - also no change.  I tried re-pairing both remotes - nothing.

The unit is working otherwise because if I press on the knob the volume ramps down to mute.  And then if I press it again the volume ramps back up. 

Any ideas on what may be going on?

Thanks, Steve

First, apologies for not noticing this post and responding sooner. Have been down a deep rabbit hole for the past 2 months and am only now back out looking around.

This appears to be an isolated issue since the unit responds otherwise to the encoder/knob control. Not responding to the remote out of the blue like that suggests either the pairing has been corrupted or the IR receiver has somehow been damaged. In over 10 years I've had exactly ZERO failures of an IR receiver. Far more likely that preamp lost its pairing setting with the remote. On occasion I've had to try 2 or 3 times to get pairing to stick. I'd try that again a few times to make absolutely sure that's not the problem since it's still the #1 most likely cause.