Approx Value of my GR Research Neo-2xs?

stevecuss

Approx Value of my GR Research Neo-2xs?
« on: 17 Mar 2023, 10:13 pm »

Hello Friends,

I have had some incredible GR Research Neo-2x in piano black, no covers. They are 8 years old or so and sound amazing, but I need to sell them. I have not been active on this circle for a few years. I was active during my first GR Research kit build - the AV series. I loved them so much I upgraded to these. They are fully upgraded with NoRez and the Sonicap upgrade and the tube connectors. They sound amazing with my Willsenton Amp and were a serious step up from my older Gr monitors.

What is a fair price for a pair of Neo-2x speakers? Danny, if this is out of line, please let me know.

I couldn't find AC's trading post, but just now found it, so I can list them there, but wanted to get a price guide if anyone is willing to postulate.

cheers.

Steve C
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2023, 10:09 pm by stevecuss »

stevecuss

Re: Possibly sell my GR Research Neo-2xs?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2023, 02:07 pm »
I listed them on the trading post for anyone who is interested:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=185378.0

stevecuss

Re: Approx Value of my GR Research Neo-2xs?
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2023, 10:09 pm »
I've listed them for $450 on the trading post. 264 views and no interest. Am I asking too much? Would anyone be willing to weigh in on used value for these fine speakers?

jpm

« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2023, 10:18 pm »
If you're patient I'd expect you should find a buyer at around your asking price. A lot of folks also post their equipment on US Audio Mart which has a much broader reach. If you can find links to reviews or even try using the wayback machine to find info from when they were on the GR web site that may help too.

Good luck with your sale!

Jaytor

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2023, 11:53 pm »
The only pair that I can find that were ever listed were on the Canada AudioMart for CA$250 back in 2015.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649232266-gr-research-neo2x/

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2023, 01:31 am »
I've listed them for $450 on the trading post. 264 views and no interest. Am I asking too much? Would anyone be willing to weigh in on used value for these fine speakers?

Hello, Steve.

I can't speak for any of the others who viewed your ad, but I was one of the 264 views. I nearly offered to buy them because I really wanted to buy a pair a few years ago. In my subjective opinion, I suspect two issues are complicating your sale. One is the cosmetic damage, which is <somewhat> correctable. [Whomever buys them understands and accepts that they will have the same difficulty in reselling them someday, or anticipates their becoming 'forever' speakers.] The second issue is that they're sealed speakers. One must already possess (or plan to purchase) one or more subwoofers for the sub-80Hz range of music (unless one limits his/her music to acoustic instruments or 'girl & a guitar' music). I sold my extra subwoofer that could have been paired with these speakers back in November, so I'm no longer in the market for speakers like these.

Personally, I consider the price - especially since you're offering to pay for shipping - a reasonable starting point.  GLWYS

I just wanted you to know there wasn't 'no' interest out there.

Michael

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2023, 04:18 am »
They are excellent speakers and I think $450 is very fair.  Unfortunately, I need to unload extra speakers myself.  Bad timing.

stevecuss

« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2023, 04:39 am »
Thanks so much everyone, and yep, I ran them in. 2.1 with a subwoofer and they were/are just incredible.

We just moved house and these and some other items were victims of our movers. We have a few items that endured some nicks and scratches, which is frustrating.

No rush on my end, I listed them on Audio mart and we’ll see how they fare. It is a lot of bang for the speaker buck for sure.

stevecuss

« Reply #8 on: 30 Mar 2023, 02:10 pm »
I sold them on AudioMart, thanks everyone.