Not a lot of LS-6 and LS-9 kits left.

Danny Richie

Not a lot of LS-6 and LS-9 kits left.
« on: 7 May 2014, 05:30 pm »
And please note.

I had a lot of the custom tweeters made and had good stock on them for a long time. At the time I had them made the Neo 8's were selling for only $49 a piece. Since then the price of Neodymium shot up and anything using Neodymium doubled or tripled. And the price of standard Neo 8's shot up to $99 a piece.

However, I kept the price of the LS-6 kit to $1,995 and the price of LS-9 kits to $2,695 because the stock of tweeters I had were purchased before the price of Neodymium shot up.

Now I have sold out of those tweeters and had to purchase new ones. So I am having to adjust the price of LS-6 and LS-9 kits.

Prices are now $2,495 for the LS-6 kit and $3,395 for LS-9 kits.

I have enough woofers left in stock to sell about a dozen or so of these kits. And when they are gone, they're gone.

mlbrand

Re: Not a lot of LS-6 and LS-9 kits left.
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2014, 12:33 am »
Kind of sad to hear that, as I'm still enthralled with my LS-6's and like to read about new builders first impressions when they first hear them.

Will parts (drivers) still be available after these kits are gone?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2014, 12:50 am »
Kind of sad to hear that, as I'm still enthralled with my LS-6's and like to read about new builders first impressions when they first hear them.

Will parts (drivers) still be available after these kits are gone?
Same question.

I feel like I should buy a couple of each just as insurance as I plan to keep my LS6's a looooong time.  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2014, 01:08 am »
I'll be hanging onto some replacement drivers.

Jerrin

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2014, 02:32 am »
That was exactly my first thought too SoCalWJS.   I was worried I might have to buy 2-3 pair as a "just in case."   No way I can risk my HT going down without a replacement.

I LOVE these speakers!   

SoCalWJS

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2014, 02:37 am »
I'll be hanging onto some replacement drivers.

Whew!  :beer:

*Thread hi-jack alert*

Whats the best way to check for a "blown" driver on a Line Source speaker? I would hate to take each driver out and check it individually. Is there a better/easier way? Tough to listen to the sound of ONE driver at a time......

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2014, 02:40 am »
Whew!  :beer:

*Thread hi-jack alert*

Whats the best way to check for a "blown" driver on a Line Source speaker? I would hate to take each driver out and check it individually. Is there a better/easier way? Tough to listen to the sound of ONE driver at a time......

If one woofer goes bad then the open circuit will take out 5 more on the LS-9 and 3 more on the LS-6. If a tweeter goes out it will take out 1 more on the LS-6 and 2 more on the LS-9. So you should notice pretty quickly if a driver goes out.

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2014, 02:44 am »
Hey man...

I asked Sarah, she said No.

:duh: :(

DeeJayBump

« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2014, 04:41 am »
So when these run out, is there another line array to replace them, or will there be at some point?

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2014, 03:32 pm »
Being a former LS6 owner and still a big fan of this line array, who's supplying or, who can supply the cabinets?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2014, 11:24 pm »
So when these run out, is there another line array to replace them, or will there be at some point?

OB Line Array kits!!!!  Please :)

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2014, 11:28 pm »
OB Line Array kits!!!!  Please :)

Working on a small open baffle array concept right now. I just tested the MMTMM section and it was insanely good.

bnut311

« Reply #12 on: 20 May 2014, 01:13 am »
Where can I find these on the website?

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2014, 01:18 am »
Where can I find these on the website?

They aren't. You have to call to order them.

Brad

« Reply #14 on: 20 May 2014, 02:46 am »
Details when you get a chance please - guessing these involve an AMT tweeter of some sort  8)

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 20 May 2014, 03:42 am »
Details when you get a chance please - guessing these involve an AMT tweeter of some sort  8)

Nope, but it involves the new 3" LGK drivers in an open baffle....

I'll start a new thread on it.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #16 on: 20 May 2014, 06:22 am »
Being a former LS6 owner and still a big fan of this line array, who's supplying or, who can supply the cabinets?

Ruben told me he was making some LS6 or 9s for someone recently and we all now how amazing his work is. :thumb:

Brad

« Reply #17 on: 20 May 2014, 02:45 pm »
Nope, but it involves the new 3" LGK drivers in an open baffle....

I'll start a new thread on it.

I guess "small" was the clue   :duh:
Looking forward to more details.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: 20 May 2014, 02:58 pm »
That would be very interesting. My wife has told me the only way I could have a large line array in the house would be if I were building it for someone else.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #19 on: 20 May 2014, 05:09 pm »
Danny, neodymium prices have plummeted since the high of 2011.  There's a reopening of a U.S. mine that was closed for many years and a new mine in Australia will both end the China almost monopoly on ND.  Speaker manufacturers raised their prices when ND shot up, but surprise, surprise, they haven't lowered their prices since ND came down.  The economic term for that is "price stickiness".