ModWright Transporter Tube Rolling Thread.....!

ajhess

Re: ModWright Transporter Tube Rolling Thread.....!
« Reply #1660 on: 14 Jan 2019, 11:28 pm »
Another thought (I still have my eye on the EML Mesh): my house current is usually around 124v. Even with the voltage lowering mod, could this higher current spell danger for the rectifier?

JMosch

« Reply #1661 on: 11 Mar 2019, 01:45 am »
Another thought (I still have my eye on the EML Mesh): my house current is usually around 124v. Even with the voltage lowering mod, could this higher current spell danger for the rectifier?

So have you bought a rectifier yet?

I use this one with my LS-100 and MTP, https://www.upscaleaudio.com/products/philips-5r4gys-made-in-holland
It is really amazing what a difference it makes, just stunning.
Unfortunately, Upscale has steadily increased the price in the last 3 years. When I bought mine it was only $80.
My voltage runs high, like 125-127, and I've never had an issue, with lots of hours on the LS-100.

BTW, I use the Black Treasures with both my ModWright tubes stages. I would get another set.

ajhess

« Reply #1662 on: 11 Mar 2019, 10:04 am »
 yes. I ended up with the EML mesh and a pair of RCA gray glass tubes. I also auditioned a pair of Tung Sols and RCA VT 231.  I really like the results. The two three ones We're lovely with voices, but made everything else sound Bland. The grey glass tubes often make me look up from what I'm doing when I hear something I didn't expect in the music. it's made the music really present. I've decided the black Treasures are blah, at least with my setup.

Apologies for my autocorrect.

HT cOz

« Reply #1663 on: 20 May 2020, 11:33 pm »
Picked up this guy today. Happy days!

:thumb:

HT cOz

« Reply #1664 on: 2 Jul 2020, 12:51 am »
On order, can’t wait.