Any Totem/Bryston Owners Out There

mkaiser

Any Totem/Bryston Owners Out There
« on: 9 Mar 2008, 07:26 pm »

Hi all,

I have been contemplating on purchasing a pair of Totem Mani-2 or Totem Wind speakers to pair up with Bryston gear but, the only trouble is the Bryston is at one store and the Totems at the other. Therefore i was curious if someone out there has mated these two together and could share their thoughts and impressions.
Right now i have the BP26 Pre and BCD-1 and on the cusp of purchssing 2 7B SST's and am now focusing on speakers. I have heard many of the Totem products but they were paired with all Ayre equipment and Music Fidelity..... but my choice is Bryston  8) .
Some feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

- Mark

Upstateaudio

Re: Any Totem/Bryston Owners Out There
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2008, 08:53 pm »
I have Totem Hawk speakers with Simaudio and Classe electronics.  I don't haven any experience with Bryston but have a suggestion for you.

Before I purchased my Hawks I emailed Totem for their recommendation,  You might try emailing them for compatibility.  They are pretty candid with their advice to potential owners. 

You may want to contact Bryston also for an opinion.  I am sure they would also be quite honest,

Both are wonderful companies.  Good luck and happy listening.

Zero

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2008, 11:01 pm »
Both companies make fine products.

Totem speakers typically respond very well to generous amounts of quality current. Subsequently, I've found that the Totem 'Forest', 'Mani-2', 'Wind', and 'Shaman' respond well to Bryston. Provided of course, you enjoy the "tell it like it is" approach.

mkaiser

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2008, 11:13 pm »
Thanks Upstateaudio and Zero for your comments and suggestions.

I'll email Totem and see what they think of a Bryston/Totem combination. I do love the "tell it like it is" from a system regardless of the recording quality as this confirms that i spent good money on a system that only digs out the information that was put into it without extensive coloration. I don't think i'll have a problem with the BCD-1 as my source.

I think what I will end up doing though is taking all the Brystons (including the 7B's when i get them) down to the shop. That would be the most logical solution and let them know ahead of time so i can ask if they could get in a pair of the Totems larger speakers as well (though they probably won't do that  :|).

Anybody else out there with this combination perferably with the Forest, Mani-2 Signatures or Wind?

- Mark

earwig

« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2008, 11:39 am »
Well actually if you happen to use or hear something like the Bryston 7 sst mono amps on the Forests as suggested above l'd find it very interesting to know what the results are.

eddiem67

« Reply #5 on: 3 Apr 2008, 03:07 pm »
I am currently running Totem Winds with a Bryston 6B-SST, excellent detail!