FritzSpeakers with ModWright gear at 2010 RMAF

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
FritzSpeakers with ModWright gear at 2010 RMAF
« on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:04 am »
I will be showing my loudspeakers at the 2010 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in room 569 and I would like to invite all AC members to check them out.

I rarely post anything on AC because I'm the slowest typist (hunt & peck method), but I do enjoy reading everything on this site and I wouldn't mind meeting some more of you in person...    So please come on by & say Hi!

Electronics are the ModWright SWL 9.0 signature pre-amp & 100 watt per channel KWA 100 power amp. The source will be Dans modified Oppo BDP-83SE 'Universal' digital player with custom ModWright Tube Modifications.  Please stop by room 569 to check out this great sounding system.

I'll have special pricing on my demo models and orders placed at the show.

I will be in Denver for a week or so after the show if any area audiophiles would like to audition my speakers on their system in their own acoustic environment.

Thanks & I hope to see you at the show!   Fritz Heiler
FRITZSPEAKERS.COM

« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2010, 12:25 pm by fritzspeakers »

roscoeiii

Re: FritzSpeakers with ModWright gear at 2010 RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2010, 02:35 pm »
Fritz's speakers were a highlight of AKFest for me this year. By far the least expensive speaker that made my top three of show.

Well worth checking out, ACers.

wywires

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2010, 02:59 pm »
I heard them at an LA Audio Society event...Very Impressive at the asking price!!!

ltr317

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2010, 04:28 pm »
I had the Carbon 7s on loan and they are very nice sounding speakers.  If I didn't already own the AAD 2001s, I would have bought these.  Currently the loaners are with a reviewer friend who are putting them through the paces. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2010, 04:38 pm »
Good to hear. A speaker well-deserving of more reviews...

bside123

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2010, 05:17 pm »
Congratulations Fritz! It's great to see that you're getting more attention for your speakers. It's well deserved. Best of luck at RMAF this year. Din

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2010, 03:02 pm »
I forgot to put in my original post I will also have SoundString cables, GIK room treatments and Martins DKM Designs audio rack & speaker stands that never made it to the show last year. 

Thanks & see you there!  Fritz

worldcat

« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2010, 09:40 pm »
What kind of wood on the speakers where you using at the show?

ltr317

« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2010, 10:20 pm »
What kind of wood on the speakers where you using at the show?

Hi.  I believe Fritz is still in Colorado visiting friends.  When he gets home and has time to post, I'm sure he will chime in.  In the meantime, look at this photo, and also other photos of Fritz' room on the RM show threads on AC.  Cheers, Paul

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2010, 12:09 am »
I had the pleasure of finally meeting Fritz in person and talking a bit. Very nice, down to earth guy and his speakers did sound very good.

Nice job Fritz. Well deserved exposure!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2010, 12:18 am »
Agree, Fritz gives you Sonus Faber/Dynaudio type sound and quality for exceedingly good prices.  Balanced, musical, beautiful.  One of my absolute favorite rooms of the entire show.

mhconley

« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2010, 11:53 am »
Here's a couple of photos I managed to get out of my camera before it was stolen.

Fritz behind Brian (GIK Acoustics) talking with a woman from the room across the hall:

and the room:

Fritz Carbon 7's and Modwright modified Oppo BDP-83SE, pre-amp and amp all on DKM Design AudioRak stands.

Martin

standub

« Reply #12 on: 22 Oct 2010, 03:14 am »
First time i've ever heard Fritz's speakers and I've got to say they were awesome.  I may be biased as Fritz gave me a CD for introducing him to the Alex Skolnick Trio, on I side note: I think I spelled it Skulnick on that paper I give you Fritz.  Side note 2, like the Chris Jones CD you gave me, wife really loves it.  Ok back to speakers.  Not sure of the finish he had on the Carbon 7's but they were near Jim Salk level gorgeous.  These where the only speaker at the show where I could close my eye's and not tell where the speakers were.  Fritz said he had some RAALs laying around the house, here's hoping for those at next years RMAF.

Eric

« Reply #13 on: 27 Oct 2010, 08:40 pm »
From the descriptions they sound like they may have some affinity with the ACI house sound. Would that be accurate?

worldcat

« Reply #14 on: 28 Oct 2010, 12:48 am »
If you can get the RAAL tweeter to jell with the other driver it could be magical.  The Carbon 7's are nice.  I like the sound of his Carbon 7 better than in the Magico room everyone raved about.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

Kinger

« Reply #16 on: 28 Oct 2010, 12:10 pm »
I did not attend the RMAF show, but if this room sounded anything like the room Fritz's speakers were in at AKFest, I'm sure it was fantastic.  I'm a Salk SongTower owner and the Fritz speakers were the one pair of speakers I wanted to walk out of that show with to put in my house. (If I didn't already have my Salks.)  Great bass extension and impact with detailed, but non fatiguing highs.