tech hotel prices

Charles Calkins

tech hotel prices
« on: 7 Apr 2010, 03:23 pm »
I was looking at air fare and hotel price just now. Holy Crips!!! Marriott wants $199.00 a night  during the RMAF. I think it was about $100.00 a night in 2008 when I was there.

Cheers?
                                   Charlie

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Re: tech hotel prices
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2010, 04:18 pm »
$199?

Wow.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2010, 04:56 pm »
I am sure there will be some special rate.  The attendee registration starts on May 1.  I would wait until then to contact Bianca Carlson to get the special rate.  They haven't updated the Accommodations page from last year.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2010, 05:09 pm »
Woodsy:

Rooms are available starting at $99.00 for this years RMAF. I'll fill out my reservation request and fax it to Bianca Carlson. Hey bud!!!! You just saved me a lot of $$$$! Schnaps on me at the RMAF.

Cheers
                                        Charlie

TomS

« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2010, 08:09 pm »
I emailed Bianca at the Marriott today and got the $99 rate confirmed with no problems.  Not sure I'm actually going, but I at least have a room nailed down for now. 

Tom

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2010, 08:49 pm »
Another option, provided you have transportation, is to use priceline. Even though I'm local I usually stay in a hotel just so I don't have to drive the 50 miles each day. Last year via priceline I paid $45/night at the Hyatt next door for a superb room. That's of course walking distance. :)

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2010, 02:22 am »
FYI.

I just cancelled my hotel reservations for the Denver Tech Marriot.  King NS. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2010, 02:29 am »
FYI.

I just cancelled my hotel reservations for the Denver Tech Marriot.  King NS.

Priceline was giving me $69 and $75 nearby the event hotel and if its beyond walking distance the inconvenience of taking a taxi makes it less desireable.

Did you find a better price?

TheChairGuy

« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2010, 02:44 am »
Online at least it says the Marriot is sold out.

Using AAA, the Hilton Garden Inn just across the street is inexpensive:

AAA STAY AND SAVE  VALID AAA I.D. CARD REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN (more)
      76.00 USD       ROOM SELECTED AT CHECK-IN    Requested non-smoking
      93.00 USD       1 KNG DLX EVOLUTION SUITE    Requested non-smoking
      76.00 USD       1 KING EVOLUTION ROOM    Requested non-smoking

Thinking about going this year (finally!!)...so I held a room there for $76 w/AAA  8)

Hilton Garden is the Hilton chain offering just above the Hampton Inns (Hilton owned, too)...so they're are usually reliably decent.

John

WGH

« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2010, 02:58 am »
I don't have AAA but got a room at Hilton Garden for $75.65 through Expedia (yesterday). But don't forget taxes and fees which are $11.10 per night - total cost is $86.75. Still a whole lot cheaper than when I stayed in CA. Note: the Senior Citizen Discount (62) is exactly the same price booked through the hotel.

I used my Expedia/Citi credit card - $50 off your first purchase. I signed up last year so my flight this year is $114 - $50 = $64.

I think the flight and room cost is going to be less than my bar tab.  :wink:

Wayne

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2010, 11:10 am »
Priceline was giving me $69 and $75 nearby the event hotel and if its beyond walking distance the inconvenience of taking a taxi makes it less desireable.

Did you find a better price?

No sir.  Just not going.  Personally, the three hotels in the area are really nice to stay at as they're within walking distance and it's very convenient to be near your room at times.  Of course you pay for that though.

chosenhandle

« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2010, 01:43 pm »
the $60 price is an outstanding price for the Tech Center. It's a great hotel located right across the street from the Marriott. The prices quoted on Expedia are $30 less than the RMAF contracted price of $90.

mhconley

« Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2010, 11:37 pm »
I use Priceline.  I am renting a car so distance is not a major factor. (I am displaying racks in several rooms and need the car to haul stuff to and from the show.)

Last year I was in a Four Points by Sheraton @ $34 a night.  This year the best I could do is a Hyatt Place @ $42 a night.  My full size car is only $29/day so I'm happy.

Martin