Tonearm Upgrade for Hanss T30

Alehouse

Tonearm Upgrade for Hanss T30
« on: 16 Mar 2024, 01:01 pm »
Just reaching out to see if there are any Hanss T30 owners and what tonearms they are using. I have a Clearaudio Magnify and will probably go to the Universal or SME v. Thanks

Zuman

Re: Tonearm Upgrade for Hanss T30
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2024, 12:36 pm »
This reply might not be very useful, but I did a fair anount of research before recently buying a preowned Clearaudio Performance DC with the Tracer tonearm. As I'm sure you're aware, owners of Clearaudio's magnetic-bearing tonearms often have a love-hate relationship with them, with notable chllenges including setup, footfalls, etc.
I specifically looked for a Clearaudio table with the Tracer arm because the Tracer is very highly regarded and does not have a magnetic bearing, and I found a full preowned rig for less than the price of a new Tracer tonearm alone.
If you're looking to save a few bucks, one approach might be to look for a preowned combination table and arm at a good price. You could then remove the arm and re-sell the table. I found some genuine bargains on the Canadian market once adjusted for US dollars.
Good luck!

Alehouse

Re: Tonearm Upgrade for Hanss T30
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2024, 12:04 am »
Thanks and great idea! Ed