Free Project Apogee Stages looking for a home - Alabama area

ShortBtwnHdset

Hi All!

Let me explain the scenario. I'm a divorced audiophile who has had most of my equipment in storage for close to 15 years. When I originally packed things up, the original Stage boxes were barely functional and would not have lasted the move from FL. So, I made large, HEAVY boxes for my Apogees out of 2X4's and pressboard, where they've been stored ever since. The speakers were in fair to good shape, and the storage area was not climate controlled. Would anyone be interested in saving these from being added to landfill? I just can't store them anymore.

I have read on old apogee internet boards that someone had come up with a poured silicon mod that saved apogees with deteriorated foam strips. When I packed them 15 years ago, they were great sounding, but I'm sure the foam strips have continued to deteriorate. The speakers are free, all you have to do is pick them up. I'm in the Birmingham AL area. I also know Graz still makes ribbon tweeter replacements for these that are actually better than original manufacture.

I will not be able to take pics, the boxes are assembled with screws and nails and would be a huge deal to unbox. Speaker color is Apogees slate grey with mahogany side pieces. Are there any serious tinkerers/modders that might want these? Thanks for your consideration!

ShortBtwnHdset

Hey, I just found out there is a restoration portal, for anyone interested.

https://shop.clarisysaudio.ch/Apogee-Stage-Parts-p485243013

Chops

Re: Free Project Apogee Stages looking for a home - Alabama area
« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2023, 09:46 pm »
It's a shame you're no longer in Florida or I'd come pick them up ASAP.

And yes, Clarisys offers parts for them, which I would be contacting.

ervikingo

« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2023, 01:23 pm »
I wish I could.  I love restoring old speakers.

ShortBtwnHdset

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2024, 06:46 pm »
Hi All! Just wanted to mention, I finally found someone interested, who picked these up Wednesday. So glad they didn't end up in landfill. Thanks to all who considered it! :D