Look what I found in someones Garbage

undertowogt1

Look what I found in someones Garbage
« on: 3 Aug 2018, 09:22 pm »
Look what I found in someones Garbage. I was out for a walk with the kids and stumbled upon this little guy.  Plugged it in and it works perfectly

Currently I have an Intro Turntable , Project debute II. I will need to compare now. Anyone have an opinion of this table?
 Dual 1226

JakeJ

Re: Look what I found in someones Garbage
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2018, 09:47 pm »

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2018, 10:33 pm »
fixmydual.com is also a good source for info.

Assuming the underlying condition is good, this is a very viable table.

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2018, 12:58 am »
I would put it back.

*Scotty*

« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2018, 01:44 am »
You may need pull the chassis off of it and hose the underside down with CRC Brakleen to remove grease that has turned to a solid and regrease the workings. My used 1219 was so gummed up nothing related to automatic function would move. A clean and reapplication of grease and I was good to go. However, I still needed a new hockey puck as the table was running a little sharp/fast due to the diameter of the puck being smaller than new as a result wear.
Scotty

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 4 Aug 2018, 03:28 pm »
I have to say, I kinda agree with Jeremy.  A Dual with a mechanical issue may simply not be worth fixing- unless you can diy in an hour or so.  There are too many better vintage tables available for $200 to mess with a free, low end Dual. 

ohenry

« Reply #6 on: 4 Aug 2018, 03:50 pm »
...Plugged it in and it works perfectly...

:D

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #7 on: 4 Aug 2018, 05:11 pm »
Ooops.  I don't know why I thought he said there were issues with the auto return. Maybe I'm just remembering the last Dual that I finally gave away.   If it works, use it.  It's not the quietest TT around, but plenty good enough for use somewhere. 

undertowogt1

« Reply #8 on: 4 Aug 2018, 08:35 pm »
I hooked it up last night , works perfectly. Maybe I will sell it or something, who knows