Affordable Dust Cover

ohenry

Re: Affordable Dust Cover
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jul 2018, 04:23 am »
I agree completely, nice folks to work with.

:oops:  I'm having more and more senior moments!   :?

spence

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jul 2018, 12:13 pm »
I had these folks make me one. It cost $135 shipped. If you need notches cut out, the price goes way up, so I just had them make the back side an inch shorter so the cables could come out. Mine is 1/4 inch thick. It's best to call them to discuss dimensions, because they consider the length to be what we would call the width. Make sure they know which side to cut!

https://www.shoppopdisplays.com/CS001/5-sided-clear-acrylic-box-custom-size.html
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2018, 01:31 pm by spence »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #22 on: 27 Jul 2018, 12:46 pm »
:oops:  I'm having more and more senior moments!   :?

NP at all, I was mostly just agreeing with you, and any added publicity for these folks is good.   :thumb:

sunnydaze

« Reply #23 on: 22 Apr 2020, 01:46 pm »
I had these folks make me one. It cost $135 shipped. If you need notches cut out, the price goes way up, so I just had them make the back side an inch shorter so the cables could come out. Mine is 1/4 inch thick. It's best to call them to discuss dimensions, because they consider the length to be what we would call the width. Make sure they know which side to cut!

https://www.shoppopdisplays.com/CS001/5-sided-clear-acrylic-box-custom-size.html

+1

Just wanted to refresh this thread because I absolutely abhor the ripoff audiophile specialty companies that charge outrageous prices.  They can't use the tired old "but we gotta cover R & D and super rare expensive material costs" arguement.  Gimme a break!   :roll:

It's a plastic box fer chrissakes, not rocket science!   :rotflmao:

This is basically the same thing for much less.  SHOPPOP does great work and ships fast with safe packaging.  Cost me about $125 shipped for 1/4 inch thick.

spence

« Reply #24 on: 22 Apr 2020, 02:17 pm »

Here's mine......

sunnydaze

« Reply #25 on: 22 Apr 2020, 02:20 pm »
Nice!   :thumb:

I assume you added the side handles?

What is the table / arm?

spence

« Reply #26 on: 22 Apr 2020, 02:24 pm »
Yes, I added the handles. The table is a Mobile Fidelity Ultradeck.

sunnydaze

« Reply #27 on: 22 Apr 2020, 02:24 pm »
Wow.....never heard of it.  And I'm a gear junkie!    8)

Edit:  just googled on it.....seems to be widely available in the usual online audio outlets......but I hadn't come across any owner comments on it.....hence, my ignorance.

spence

« Reply #28 on: 22 Apr 2020, 02:28 pm »
It's only been out a couple or three years. As far as the handles, I got tired of cleaning the acrylic of finger smudges!

twitch54

« Reply #29 on: 22 Apr 2020, 02:29 pm »
nice job Spence !   :thumb:

sunnydaze

« Reply #30 on: 22 Apr 2020, 02:38 pm »
It's only been out a couple or three years. As far as the handles, I got tired of cleaning the acrylic of finger smudges!

I grab two diagonal 90 degree corners and lift.  Minimal finger contact on pointed surface, so no smudges.

spence

« Reply #31 on: 22 Apr 2020, 02:40 pm »
Thanks twitch54.

sunnydaze,
     I posted comments on a couple other boards about it. A-Gon and Audiokarma if I remember correctly.

toocool4

« Reply #32 on: 22 Apr 2020, 03:39 pm »
Since my main concern is keeping turntable / arm getting damaged when not in use, I just use an Avid flat cover which I modified as my tonearm is bigger then normal. The cover cost £90.

« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2020, 04:53 pm by toocool4 »

spence

« Reply #33 on: 22 Apr 2020, 04:07 pm »
Now that's just too cool!

sunnydaze

« Reply #34 on: 22 Apr 2020, 04:55 pm »
Reminds me of the cover on Kuzma Stabi "s"  I once owned.  Stabi is a great table.    :thumb:

RonP

« Reply #35 on: 22 Apr 2020, 05:56 pm »

Just ordered one for my new turntable. $200 shipped. ClearAudio wanted at least twice that.

Thanks for your link!

spence

« Reply #36 on: 22 Apr 2020, 08:08 pm »
You're welcome. They're made really well. You'll like it.

RonP

« Reply #37 on: 5 May 2020, 09:00 pm »
Woa! This thing is nice!!

spence

« Reply #38 on: 6 May 2020, 01:58 pm »
Beautiful! Looks like you got a heavy duty one.

recr

« Reply #39 on: 4 Nov 2020, 06:01 pm »
got mine from ebay site JnB audio for $120 --quick delivery, perfect fit and crystal clear