Custom bubinga HT2-TL on a'gon - Local pickup in Houston - $3100.00

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
Wow! 

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1266523978&/Salk-Sound-HT2-TL's-

Whoever was waiting for a great deal on a pair of Salk speakers, here they are.  If a buyer isn't local, perhaps a shipping company could pack them and ship them.

coke

I was tempted to suggest these to my dad, but then saw that they use 3/4" MDF.   

Paul K.

While thicker panels may be better, I suspect the 3/4" panels with the internal bracing I assume Jim has used, there's no reason these HT2-TLs would not be both structurally sound and good-sounding.
Paul

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
While thicker panels may be better, I suspect the 3/4" panels with the internal bracing I assume Jim has used, there's no reason these HT2-TLs would not be both structurally sound and good-sounding.
Paul

And they are a bargain!

K Shep

Pipe,

Be very careful you don't want to wake up the bubinga monster  :icon_twisted:

:wink:

revrob

I wonder how long this pair will last, the HT3's on Audiogon didn't last a week.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
From the photos of these and others I have seen posted in this circle, I must be in the minority of people who just don't like red speakers.

Steve

+1 ............and when I spend this kind of money on speakers I want a matching baffle!

Lin

rahimlee54

I think my kid would have to transfer to public school.  Hope someone can pick them up and enjoy.  If I needed some it would be time for a road trip.

jsalk

From the photos of these and others I have seen posted in this circle, I must be in the minority of people who just don't like red speakers.
+1 ............and when I spend this kind of money on speakers I want a matching baffle!

That is why we do custom speakers.  You can have them any way you want.

- Jim

DLock22

Hello AC members,

I'm the fellow who is selling these speakers on Audiogon.  FYI... I did raise the asking price to $3300 based on the fact that the actual price for these speakers was $4195 not $3995. If you know of anyone in the market for a pair of these phenomenal speakers, I would be much appreciative if you would share this ad with them.  Once I get past the school tuition drama and have saved up enough coin, I will place another order with Jim to replace these.  I hope everyone here has a happy and safe holiday season.   

MukAudio

Wow.  I was angling towards the HT3, but this is a very tempting offer.  I'm nowhere near Texas though, so hopefully shipping is an option.   :)

Mark.

evan1

Wow.  I was angling towards the HT3, but this is a very tempting offer.  I'm nowhere near Texas though, so hopefully shipping is an option.   :)

Mark.

go for it

Rocket

Hi Mark,

If you do go with these speakers try to get some decent packing boxes.  There was a thread a few months ago and a pair of ht3's were shipped by usps and they were damaged in transit.

Regards

Rod

MukAudio

Mark.

go for it

Ball is in the seller's court.  If he can't find a local buyer right away, he might consider shipping to me.

Mark.

MukAudio

Hi Mark,

If you do go with these speakers try to get some decent packing boxes.  There was a thread a few months ago and a pair of ht3's were shipped by usps and they were damaged in transit.

Regards

Rod

Rod,

Thanks for the advice.  I will probably pay to have them professionally packaged.  A little prevention is well worth it when you consider the alternative of  damaged or broken speakers.

Mark.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Hi Mark,

Regards

Rod

Rod,

Thanks for the advice.  I will probably pay to have them professionally packaged.  A little prevention is well worth it when you consider the alternative of  damaged or broken speakers.

Mark.

If I recall correctly, those damaged Salks had been professionally packaged and they were still severely mishandled by UPS. I'd recommend freight myself. It's a little extra but you get out of the mainstream that way so you're getting the special attention for your investement.

Bubinga deserves the attention.

Cheers,
Robin

Bigfish

Mark.

Mark:

I recently sold a pair of SP Tech Timepieces a couple of months ago and shipped them to a seller living in CT.  I obtained a really good freight rate from Freightquote.com - much better than what I obtained from calling the freight companies direct.  As others have recommended do not use UPS or Fed Ex.  Their night shift workers will do a number on your speakers!

Ken

MukAudio

Mark:

I recently sold a pair of SP Tech Timepieces a couple of months ago and shipped them to a seller living in CT.  I obtained a really good freight rate from Freightquote.com - much better than what I obtained from calling the freight companies direct.  As others have recommended do not use UPS or Fed Ex.  Their night shift workers will do a number on your speakers!

Ken

I'll look into Freightquote.com if I get the thumbs up from the buyer.  Freight does seem like the way to go.  Especially if I can arrange for them to bring the speakers inside rather than leaving at the curb.  :)

Mark.

rahimlee54

Avoid packing peanuts, full fledged foam will get them to your house, peanuts and Jim will be making a new pair.  Insure the new price.

ctouhey

If I were purchasing a pre-owned pair of Salks and there was shipping involved and the owner did not have the original packing materials, I would be very concerned.  However the shipping method, I would consider contacting Jim to see if I could purchase official shipping containers from him.  That would seem to be the safest bet.

Chris