Joule 1.0, still available ...

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Joule 1.0, still available ...
« on: 9 Dec 2014, 03:09 am »
Speakers from our retired line, or even speakers that were never a part of our lineup, are available as well.  This is a pair of the original Joule Black, on it's way now to New Jersey.  Lots of upgrades in this pair, including the incredibly time intensive finish. 

First shot is to show the speakers, next 2 shots to show the incredible finish.  This is many layers and methods of application Black Tint over Ash Burl.  The request was for an almost greyscale Black finish that allows the grain to show in light, but in dark appears gloss black.  I think we nailed it, but believe me, there is easily 100 hours of labor in just the finish alone.  Ash Burl is very porous, to get it built up to this thickness required around 40-50 coats, with 400-600 grit sanding between every 3-5 coats.  Then to top it off, they were wet sanded top to bottom to 3000 grit and buffed.  I think the end result it obvious, even though difficult to photography.  Enjoy!

ar250

Re: Joule 1.0, still available ...
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2015, 04:49 pm »
Hi, could you give a cost for the Joule 1.0 ? thanks.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2015, 03:03 am »
Hi, could you give a cost for the Joule 1.0 ? thanks.

They would start just under $10K.  A new production would incorporate a few changes.  The cabinet would be the same as our new Perfect Storm top section, would be a bit wider and deeper than the Joule 1.0 cabinet.  The stand base would also be larger.  Also the front baffle instead of being made of 2 layers of BB ply with a constrained layer between, would be made of a .75" phenolic material we found after years of searching.  The driver compliment would be the same, but I might suggest going with the larger 140-15D RAAL instead of the 70-20 as seen above. 

ar250

« Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2015, 12:35 pm »
I had spoken to Pete about it. thank you for the information.