Mfw-15 clone project

jparkhur

Re: Mfw-15 clone project
« Reply #40 on: 14 Dec 2010, 03:15 pm »
I am sure Sam Adams helped get you through the trials and tribs...

ha

nottaway

« Reply #41 on: 22 Dec 2010, 08:33 pm »
Quick question:

So the enclosure is done, I'm still finishing it though.....  I would like to get more extension out of the enclosure.  Would stuffing it with polyfill and lowering the tuning help the low end?  My calculations put the tuning right at 20.5Hz.  From what I have read if I stuff with 1.5lb per cf then the box volume should increase by ~30%.  Leaving the port the way it is shouldnt this lower the tuning and increase low end?

r08ert209cali

« Reply #42 on: 23 Dec 2010, 10:22 am »
That thing looks awesome... Something about painting,you just have to have a beer...painting and mowing the lawn always make me want a beer :D

nottaway

« Reply #43 on: 24 Dec 2010, 02:59 pm »
Thanks!  I'm trying to do gloss black on the driver cutout and port mouth and satin black everywhere else......

I always forget how much I hate to paint until I'm 10-20 coats into it......

nottaway

« Reply #44 on: 25 Dec 2010, 01:51 am »
All right!!!!  First coat of satin black rolled on!  Looks like the satin and gloss will work well together.  The pic really doesn't do how well this thing looks in black, it's hard to photo black.....

Got one and one half days to finish were exchanging gifts sun night!!!!  Time to hustle.  No sam Adams but thank goodness for Front street brewerry beer :)

kramertc

« Reply #45 on: 31 Jan 2011, 05:51 pm »
I hope you are still monitoring your thread...sent ya a pm about your MFW build.