How can I to set up Dolby Atmos with Dolby with a OPPO 205 & wyred4sound amp.

A_shah

I have two separate systems in my listening room(living room) one is two channel system and the 2nd system which shares the same source the Oppo 205 with a Wyred4sound Multichannel MC 7150 amplifier , a 65 " LG C8 Oled TV (Dolby atmos) in a 5.1 configurations I am thinking of getting the ELAC  Debut 2.0 Dolby enabled add-on speakers , since I do have two  free channels available both on my source OPPO 205 and the Wyred4Sound MC7150 multichannel amplifier any suggestions would greatly help
See picture below of my set up
thank you
:popcorn:

Asghar

witchdoctor

I think you will need to get a receiver or a processor that offers atmos

WGH

Since you already have a 7 channel amp then a processor would be the logical choice, Crutchfield has a nice selection to get you started:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-gx5iRkfYMY1/g_357450/Surround-Sound-Preamp-Processors.html

An Atmos receiver would be much cheaper, just don't use the amp sections.

witchdoctor

If you are getting a receiver make sure it has pre-outs for the bed channels.

A_shah

If you are getting a receiver make sure it has pre-outs for the bed channels.

what is pre out for bed channels ?
Yes that is what I was afraid of I would have to get a new receiver I already own a Marantz SR 6001 ?( non Atmos) now sitting in the garage as I wanted to use the analog outputs from the OPPO 205  to  the Wyred4sound MC1750 which  is a very clean crisp and sweet sounding class D amp. far better than most AV receivers with enough power for any transient scenes that require power in a movie . for now I'll just stick with the 5.1 configuration and at some stage acquire good quality Atmos receiver don't think I am missing much unless one has a dedicated theater room which I do not have . :thumb: :popcorn:

Asghar

witchdoctor

Hmmm, I get the conundrum. You are happy now but would you like an immersive setup.
So, "pre-outs" allow you to connect an external amplifier to the receiver. You have an external amp so these would be needed. Pre-outs are offered in receivers for subwoofers, and sometimes for the 5 or 7 channels that are typical for surround sound. These 5 or 7 channels are called "bed channels". Your "height channels" could be connected directly to the receiver so using an external amp wouldn't be necessary.

FWIW I have an auro 3d setup in my media room and an atmos setup in the man cave. I don't have a dedicated theater and the man cave is really small.