Spatial Audio - New X Class Product Announcement

Spatial Audio

Re: Spatial Audio - New X Class Product Announcement
« Reply #100 on: 16 May 2019, 01:32 pm »
Yes, they will come with cones and cups for wood floors.

Clayton

Dax_Frost

« Reply #101 on: 16 May 2019, 02:57 pm »
Are there any pictures or write ups from the Munich show?  I haven't been able to find anything yet.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #102 on: 20 May 2019, 04:16 am »
Do the X3 / X5 use sheetrock screws to hold the drivers like the M3 / M4, or machine screws into threaded inserts as in the X2?

sumoking

« Reply #103 on: 20 May 2019, 06:28 am »
Yes, they will come with cones and cups for wood floors.

Clayton

Thank you for the feedback Clayton!

Spatial Audio

« Reply #104 on: 20 May 2019, 01:53 pm »
Do the X3 / X5 use sheetrock screws to hold the drivers like the M3 / M4, or machine screws into threaded inserts as in the X2?

Machine screws so the drivers are nice and solidly mounted.

Clayton

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #105 on: 20 May 2019, 06:14 pm »
Nice, glad to hear that! I was pretty sure they would be, just checkin'  :D

And BTW I had M3 Triode Masters and checked the driver screws a few times for tightness.  Always good and tight, I added just an eighth turn once.  So the screws in the M series speakers straight into the MDF hold the drivers very well also.  No problem with that commonly used method.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #106 on: 28 May 2019, 09:11 pm »
On the X3 / X5 page of the Spatial Audio website, I'm really looking forward to the words "under construction" being removed so we can see the specs.

gjorgji

« Reply #107 on: 13 Jun 2019, 03:20 am »
Yes, the X5 passive section (and X3) works from 100Hz and up, at 8 Ohms, so a small amp will actually drive it loud. SET amps are welcome in this case. But, the max power is 200W RMS, so large amps are fine as well. Almost blow out proof. This allows you the freedom to use your favorite amp and not worry about compatibility issues.

Clayton

Any consideration regarding amp gain to match the plate amp? I know Hypex has gain adjustment on the plate, but not sure how hard will it be to match the amp for the top section.

Thanks,
Gjorgji

Spatial Audio

« Reply #108 on: 13 Jun 2019, 03:38 am »
Any consideration regarding amp gain to match the plate amp? I know Hypex has gain adjustment on the plate, but not sure how hard will it be to match the amp for the top section.

Thanks,
Gjorgji

I have tried a number of different amps  (tube and SS) with various gain specs from 20 to 32 and not had any issues. Like you say, the Hypex bass amp has adjustable gain to easily match the main amp.

Clayton

harley.guy07

« Reply #109 on: 14 Jun 2019, 04:06 am »
I have tried a number of different amps  (tube and SS) with various gain specs from 20 to 32 and not had any issues. Like you say, the Hypex bass amp has adjustable gain to easily match the main amp.

Clayton

Clayton do you have any plans on coming out with a open baffle sub setup with these amps and possibly the Acoustic Elegance OB drivers? I have heard nothing but great things about the Acoustic Elegance drivers and your products seem to make the best use of them that i have seen that still keep in mind they are going in a home not a cathedral like some of the other open baffle speakers i have seen. I am using a custom built sealed sub with a 300 watt plate amp that only covers under around 40 Hz which is where the M3 start to drop off but having that natural OB response all the way down to the 20 Hz range would be a dream scenario

morganc

« Reply #110 on: 4 Jul 2019, 04:53 am »
Any updates on these products?   Have they been seen in the wild yet?  Any owner reviews? 

Spatial Audio

« Reply #111 on: 20 Jul 2019, 01:40 am »
Any updates on these products?   Have they been seen in the wild yet?  Any owner reviews?

X3s are now hot off the press. They will start shipping next week. It is hard to describe just how amazing the X3 looks in real life:

KLH007

« Reply #112 on: 20 Jul 2019, 02:33 am »
The wood laminate looks great!

sumoking

« Reply #113 on: 20 Jul 2019, 02:38 am »
X3s are now hot off the press. They will start shipping next week. It is hard to describe just how amazing the X3 looks in real life:

They look outstanding! Wow!

Spatial Audio

« Reply #114 on: 20 Jul 2019, 02:47 am »
X3 Rear view without support legs. You can see the dipolar wideband AMT:

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #115 on: 20 Jul 2019, 01:11 pm »
They really look great Clayton!  Especially nice where the front baffle meets the AMT wave guide.  I know you said earlier in this thread it is a true solid wood baffle of 2.3 inch thickness, not a laminate surface over some material, for excellent sonic performance.  Can't wait to hear mine!  In the picture of the back, at the bottom, is that the crossover or the bass amp?

Thanks for offering such high quality speakers,
Jeff

Spatial Audio

« Reply #116 on: 20 Jul 2019, 01:19 pm »
They really look great Clayton!  Especially nice where the front baffle meets the AMT wave guide.  I know you said earlier in this thread it is a true solid wood baffle of 2.3 inch thickness, not a laminate surface over some material, for excellent sonic performance.  Can't wait to hear mine!  In the picture of the back, at the bottom, is that the crossover or the bass amp?

Thanks for offering such high quality speakers,
Jeff

Yes - the baffle is a solid wood material from Germany made up of many laminations (not a laminate surface). Looks great and very dense:

sumoking

« Reply #117 on: 20 Jul 2019, 08:12 pm »
Clayton-
Is that the Cherry finish?
They both have a nice natural finish, fit and finish looks spot on, the look is clean and elegant!

Most important is that my wife loves them which matters a lot!

Only can imagine what they sound like.

Thanks for posting.
Cheers.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #118 on: 20 Jul 2019, 09:10 pm »
Yes - the Cherry is beautiful and feels really nice to the touch. The fit and construction quality is very good.

Clayton

gjorgji

« Reply #119 on: 21 Jul 2019, 12:26 am »

Is that panzerholz? I made my LX521 top baffles with it. Indeed great material, but not exactly easy to work with.

Yes - the baffle is a solid wood material from Germany made up of many laminations (not a laminate surface). Looks great and very dense: