626r Questions

Figo

626r Questions
« on: 24 Dec 2003, 12:23 am »
Hi, through my recent audio researching i've found a lot of positive comments about VMPS, and the price/performance ratio seems perfect.

My budget is low, >1000, and I have been contemplating building a DIY design.  I see that the 626r comes in kit w/o cabinet form just about around my budget, and was wondering what it really takes to build these suckers.  I have good woodworking experience, and have built speakers(albeit cheap ones) before.  How complex are the cabinets? Do they have extensive bracing, and do they require precision angle cuts?  is everything(besodes wood and stuffing) included in the kit? thorough directions?  

Lastly(sorry about all these questions on my first post  :oops: )  is it cheaper to buy from a dealer or the website?  I live in the Baltimore, MD area and can drive an hour or two if its worth it.

Thanks,
James

(Hope to try these guys out, if its not worth it I can wait and save up for the kit with cabs.)

audiojerry

626r Questions
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2003, 02:54 pm »
Can't anyone help the poor guy out?  :cry:

Why hasn't anyone jumped all over this deal for brand new 626r's for $1250?
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=5948

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
626r Questions
« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2003, 03:14 pm »
James,

I'd say Rick's offer is a fantastic price.  He's a trustworthy seller from what I understand, and for that price I can't think of a single monitor that compares - new or used.

Regards,