RMAF and the HT3's

carusoracer

Re: RMAF and the HT3's
« Reply #20 on: 17 Oct 2007, 12:21 am »
Nice looking pairs of speakers :thumb:

The veneer looks awesome...What are the Amp and equipment powering the salks'?
Is that a new look for AVA? I like to see more pics...

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #21 on: 17 Oct 2007, 12:30 am »
As always, it is great seeing Jim and his lovely wife Mary.

The Salk room sounded pretty good, but the speakers looked even better!

The HT3's were especially stunning in their very "Southwestern" looking finish.

George

BradJudy

« Reply #22 on: 17 Oct 2007, 01:10 am »
The veneer looks awesome...What are the Amp and equipment powering the salks'?
Is that a new look for AVA? I like to see more pics...

Yep, Frank was taking votes on the different styles of two-layer faceplates. 

The electronics were a SqueezeBox3, AVA UltraDAC, Ultra EC pre-amp (I think) and Fet Valve Ultra 550. 

koiman

« Reply #23 on: 17 Oct 2007, 01:17 am »
Is Frank building his units in silver now.. I thought all his units were in black.

BradJudy

« Reply #24 on: 17 Oct 2007, 02:08 am »
Is Frank building his units in silver now.. I thought all his units were in black.

I think these were prototypes.  I asked Frank how many options he would offer and he said "as many as I can afford to".  I would expect to see at least two options (one mainly black and one mainly 'gold').

Note that these aren't really silver (Frank corrected me at the show), but rather 'gold'.  It's a subtle gold that looks almost silver on its own, but I would guess looks gold when placed next to true silver. 

Double Ugly

« Reply #25 on: 17 Oct 2007, 02:37 am »
I'll echo George's comments in that the speakers were good, but they looked even better.  :thumb:

It was a genuine pleasure meeting you, Jim, and I hope you and your company continue to meet with great success.

Best regards,

-Jim

PS - I apologize for trespassing on your demo with the fellow from IBM Thursday night; I saw the light, heard the sound and assumed it was alright.  Since he's already purchased HT3s, I trust my brief interlude didn't have a profound impact either way.

He certainly seemed thrilled to discover they exceeded his expectations, though his choice of music and the recording quality of same wouldn't have been my first choice.  :wink: