SWL 9.0SE Reviews Scheduled - 6 Moons Review Complet and UP!

modwright

Currently, reviews of the SWL 9.0SE are in process with the following publications:

Enjoy the Music - Todd Warnke

Six Moons - Srajan Ebaen

The Audiophile Voice - Bascom King

Audiophilia - Roy Harris

I am not sure exactly when the reviews will be in 'print', but I expect that Six Moons will be the first review to be completed.

Thanks,

Dan W.

miklorsmith

Cool!
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2005, 03:07 pm »
If Ebaen reviews your unit, he will surely combine it with the Clari-T amp and Druid speakers, meaning I'll soon have a professional review of MY system, aside from source.

Your pre is incredible and this will be great for you.  Good luck, Dan!

modwright

Early Review content from Srajan of 6Moons....
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2005, 05:51 am »
This is not the full review, but is a preview of the review and has lots of great photos and tech spec's.  Looking forward to the full review:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright/swl9se.html

Dan W.

modwright

Link to 6Moons Full Review!
« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2005, 07:37 pm »
Well, the reviewer bought the sample...need I say more? :).

Link: http://6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright/swl9se.html

Srajan has finallized the review and we are very pleased to read his very positive feedback.  The unit was good enough to displace his previous reference tube preamp, which had a retail price of 2x that of the SWL 9.0SE.

Good things to come and more reviews on the horizon.

Dan W.

miklorsmith

Yeah!
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2005, 08:15 pm »
I KNEW I was crazy when I thought about selling mine.  Then, I stepped back from the edge and haven't looked back.

Congrats, and fire up the machinery, Dan!

jcoat007

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jun 2005, 08:42 pm »
I am sure there is much satisfaction in hearing from happy customers as well as seeing professional recognition of your work.  

I am a happy customer and I love my SWL 9.0!!!

Srajan saying good things is great, but Srajan buying the unit says a lot.

Congratulations on the great review Dan!!!

modwright

Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: 6 Jun 2005, 10:23 pm »
Thanks guys, I am pleased and flattered.  Good things to come with a  phono stage and DAC on the horizon.

Dan W.

Eric

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jun 2005, 02:09 am »
Congratulations!!!

Chris_B

« Reply #8 on: 7 Jun 2005, 02:34 am »
Congratulations Dan.  Very well deserved.  My wife, newborn son and I enjoy listening to music through your linestage each evening.  We sincerely wish you luck with your future products.  If the 9.0 is any indication, they will be great.

Best,

Chris

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #9 on: 7 Jun 2005, 02:49 am »
Congrats Dan !!! I hope all the other reviewer's are able to spot the value and quality that you built into the 9.0 SE !!! Of the many preamp's that I own....yours has been my favorite. And , after "loaning" it out to quite a few members....I'm sure they would agree as well. Good luck with your future products !!!! :beer:
    Chris[/list:u]

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #10 on: 7 Jun 2005, 03:35 am »
Congrats Dan on the fine review.  We are proud of ya!
...oh and congrats to all of us who bought the SWL too.  We got a good one!!!    :D

maxwalrath

« Reply #11 on: 7 Jun 2005, 04:01 am »
...and congrats to those who just bought their second beta unit. Congrats Dan!

Daniel

« Reply #12 on: 7 Jun 2005, 04:28 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Congrats Dan !!! I hope all the other reviewer's are able to spot the value and quality that you built into the 9.0 SE !!! Of the many preamp's that I own....yours has been my favorite. And , after "loaning" it out to quite a few members....I'm sure they would agree as well. Good luck with your future products !!!! :beer:
    Chris[/list:u]

I was one of the main beneficiaries of "Loanwolf's" loaning ways.  I had the pre-amp in my living room for several weeks and listened to it with several amps as well as Chris' first-rate digital front end.  It took at least 100 hours of high volume use in my living room to fully burn in.  Once it did it yielded enticing image density that was at once crisp AND juicy.  It didn't have the usual trade-offs that come with tubes, nor did it produce the sort of voluptuous walk-in soundscape that tuboholics will sacrifice anything to get, even if it means saxophones sound like trombones.  I loved it.  I guess Srajan said pretty much the same thing, only better, but you read it here second.  Congrats to Dan.  May they sell like hotcakes.

Gordy

« Reply #13 on: 7 Jun 2005, 04:59 am »
Quote from: ted_b

...oh and congrats to all of us who bought the SWL too.  We got a good one!!!    :D

Yes you did!  Congratulations on a truely superb preamp Dan.  Being the second recipient of Chris's vast generousity, I've been getting familiar with the 9.0 SE for about the last week or so :D .  I can't add anything to what Srajan said other than Dan is a complete joy to speak/write/deal with.  His customer relations are every bit the class act his products are, thank you Dan!

Gordy

Cyberbod

Congrats
« Reply #14 on: 8 Jun 2005, 12:50 am »
Can you take one more accolade, Dan. Congratulations on a well deserved review. It has been a pleasure doing business with you. I still love my super-modded, hot-rodded, Denon 5900. Still tweaking, still lovin' it. Looking forward to touching base again. Maybe at the RMAF: August 30th thru October 2.

JerryH

« Reply #15 on: 8 Jun 2005, 03:23 am »
Another congrats, Dan. I'm sure many more to come.
The review brought out something I've realised with your Preamp, and that's how good it sounds at low volume as well. This is the first preamp I can listen to at very low volume and really enjoy all aspects and not have the urge to crank it. Needless to say, the WAF factor shot way up on this alone!
Looking forward to hearing the Phono stage!