Some Delays....

modwright

Some Delays....
« on: 5 Feb 2005, 05:22 pm »
I just wanted to give everyone an update on where things stand RE mods, preamps and Dan's state of mental health ;).

We are JUST about done with the Denon 3910 mods, but I have been stretched VERY thin lately.

Some of you have been patiently waiting for us/me to complete various projects that I have not been able to hand off to my skilled technicians.  Because I have been stretched thin, these projects are also taking longer than anticipated and for this I apologize.

Sony 999ES mods,  Sony 9000ES mods, Denon 2900 mods and our other existing mods (current offering) are not impacted by my busy schedule and are moving along at a good rate.

I have three of my technicians JUST building preamps and this is going well, but we are still catching up to existing backorders.  We have sold 41 units to date and I expect the first 50 piece production run to be sold by the end of this month if not much sooner.  The second production run is already under way, but the price for these units WILL be at the higher final price of $1800/$2200 for SWL 9.0 and SWL 9.0SE models.

I am personally stretched thin because I am managing production of the preamp, taking care of projects that only I can do, designing/finallizing the new Denon 3910 mods, arranging for reviews of our preamp, designing the DAC and Phono stage to be released this year and...oh yeah, we are moving everything to WA.  An offer on a property was just accepted and I am in Real Estate Hell for the immediate future.

I share all of this just so that those who are waiting will understand the delay, and to let others know that most of our production work is not directly impacted as I have skilled technicians who are all dedicated to specific production areas, in which they have become most skilled and efficient.

The Denon 3910 mods will be available ASAP as I know that many are waiting on this also.

Thanks for reading and for understanding.

Dan W.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Some Delays....
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2005, 06:24 pm »
Always better to be too busy than not busy enough....   :mrgreen:

I wish more vendors communicated like this and let people know what is going on.  With better communications, people's expectations can be set properly and the overall experience will be much better.

Keep up the good work Dan.

George

rosconey

Some Delays....
« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2005, 07:43 pm »
think of all the work you could have done in the time it took for you to write that lame excuse :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
just outsource to china like everyone else :roll:

modwright

Delays...
« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2005, 08:25 am »
Well, it is obvious to me that most people understand what I am about and the reason for my communication.

We build a quality product and I am in this business because I enjoy it and I take great pride in my work.  I choose not to outsource our entire design to China because I prefer to use local talent, support our local economy and be sure that I can oversee and control quality for all of our products.

No disrespect is inteded towards those who do choose to outsource their products overseas and no disrespect is intended towards those who do the work overseas.  For me it is a matter of pride and I am not just in this business to make money.  If I just wanted to make money, I could have continued a very unfulfilling career in Mechanical Engineering.

Again, thank you to those who understand what I and ModWright are all about.  I don't intend to change and I appreciate our customers' loyalty.

Dan W.

rosconey

Some Delays....
« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2005, 10:25 am »
it was supposed to be a joke :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
what no humor this am :nono:

modwright

Sorry...
« Reply #5 on: 8 Feb 2005, 11:23 pm »
Sorry  :o , a bit too stressed out lately.  Thanks for explaining  :D .

Dan

HChi

!
« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2005, 12:21 am »
Dan,
It is good to hear that life is very busy, but things are still getting accomplished.  I am also interested in the 3910 mod.  With 5910 just at the corner, is there any plan to mod 5910 since it seems to be a much bigger machine, hence more room to put in other mods? :)   Regarding the DAC, can a sneaky preview be given, such as what dac chipsets are being considered?

Wish you the best!  Keep us updated with info about all the upcoming goodies!

-Howard

modwright

5910 Mods
« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2005, 04:11 am »
I'm not sure if we will mod the 5910 or not, but we are definitely modifying the 3910.  I will have details just as soon as I can.  More information soon.

Thanks,

Dan