Dan will you be doing a mod for Sony's DVP-NS975V ?

rbrb

Dan will you be doing a mod for Sony's DVP-NS975V ?
« on: 12 Nov 2004, 06:02 pm »
I recently picked up a DVP-NS975V because I wanted a DVD player that had internal DD/DTS decoding and HDMI video output and surprisingly have been totally impressed with it's SA-CD performance.

It has qualities that I thought were missing in the DVP-NS999ES and SCDC-555ES that I previously owned. Namely the ability to carry a tune. It has a real sense of rythym, pace and timing. It can reproduce music.

Surprisingly because if you were to look under the hood you would see that there really isn't much to it. I don't know how Sony did it. It really is a fun player to listen to, I find myself involuntarily tapping my toes.

Obviously it's not the last word in resolution nor does it go to frequency extremes but straight out of the box it's really good. I have a feeling that with a little massaging it just may be a giant killer. I assume that the DVP-NS775V shares the same audio circuits.

I hope someone else on this forum can confirm what I'm hearing because I'm starting to think that I've gone mad.

modwright

• Facilitator
    • ModWright Instruments
Sony Mods
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2004, 06:54 pm »
I believe that I have one of these two models right now.  I dont know which it is, but I agreed to mod one for a return customer.  I am also expecting a Sony 2000.   I will post my impressions and what we come up with here when it is done.

Thanks,

Dan