Off for oral surgery, what fun!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Off for oral surgery, what fun!
« on: 8 Apr 2016, 01:09 pm »
A sinus infection led to infected teeth which led to tooth extraction and then the oral surgeon dug a hole up into my sinus cavity which led to sinus surgery. 
A year later that hole from the tooth root never did clear completely up so today it's off to have a section of the gum cut, folded over the hole and stitched shut.
Old age ain't for sissies!
I hope this works, I'm kind of sick of the whole mess.

rockadanny

Re: Off for oral surgery, what fun!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2016, 01:17 pm »
OMG! That sounds terrible! I feel ya, sort of. After having two sinus surgeries and a few teeth yanked and implants installed, but never related. Ugh.
Hang in there. And easy on the bass volume, don't want to rattle your bones/teeth during all of this  :|

bummrush

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2016, 01:25 pm »
Believe me you have my sympathy. On Eastervery early like 1 a m one of my last 2 bottom left teeth got infected. Which led to left side facial cellulitis. Pain of which was excruciating painful,Sunday night off to er,given antibiotics  and sent home,not getting better, i was told Monday night u need i v antibiotics, i was give 3 bags ,6 hours apart. I just yesterday finished off a a 10 run of 3 different antibiotics, i m so glad thats over,cause it was a miserable experience.
 So sorry to hi jack. Best of luck to you.
« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2016, 03:36 pm by bummrush »

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2016, 01:29 pm »
Oral infections are nothing to mess around with. Infection can enter the blood system and end up in the heart. The last thing you want is to be stuck on a waiting list for a heart transplant.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2016, 01:30 pm »
I appreciate your situation even though I've never had a sinus infection like yours. Four implants with two more in my future are part of the reason why I never bought a pair of Exotica 3 speakers.   :(

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 8 Apr 2016, 01:47 pm »
Geez Steve, sorry to hear the last work didn't take.   :(   Here's hoping this finally puts an end to the situation. And 'Yes', it ain't easy getting old. Sadly 'funny' how as we get older we realize all those health/medical issue conversations we overheard by our parents and their friends, & pooh poohed as young folks, are now being repeated by ourselves.  :duh:  If only we knew then what we know now.

bummrush, hope your issue is resolved too. Never a good thing when it takes IVs to address a problem.

Guy 13

« Reply #6 on: 8 Apr 2016, 02:01 pm »
Steve,
I hope for you that surgery
it will put an end to your suffering or misery.

Guy 13

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2016, 02:08 pm »
Ouch.  I've not had that particularly but have had some serious oral surgery before.  No fun at all.  Hope all goes well Steve.

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 8 Apr 2016, 02:49 pm »
A sinus infection led to infected teeth which led to tooth extraction and then the oral surgeon dug a hole up into my sinus cavity which led to sinus surgery. 
A year later that hole from the tooth root never did clear completely up so today it's off to have a section of the gum cut, folded over the hole and stitched shut.
Old age ain't for sissies!

Steve - I'm with you.  I hope it works. One one side about 6 years back I had a dental implant (on the upper left) and a sinus lift.  A couple of years back I had an infected tooth that had to come out and a polyp on the right side that was too big to lift the sinus.  So the polyp was taken out thru my nose a year ago October.  Then I had to wait 6 months to have the sinus lift and bone graft.  Then towards the end of the year when they were checking the bone graft which was good, they noticed the implant on the left side was loose.  Turned out it was broken (probably from putting the pressure all on the one side - they like to do two implants in the back now so there is two contact points).  The broken implant was hollow with bone growing thru it - so they basically just stuck a screw in to cover the opening.  So about three months back, I literally had that ratcheted out of my jaw (pic of the implant below) and a new bone graft done (and hopefully by July that will be healed).  About a month back I had the two implants put on the right side and hopefully in a couple of months they will be ready for the crowns and I'll be able to chew on one side.  Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be done with that stuff for a bit.

bummrush

« Reply #9 on: 8 Apr 2016, 03:37 pm »
Thanks Arthur dent.

brooklyn

« Reply #10 on: 8 Apr 2016, 04:11 pm »
Hi Steve, getting old is definitely not for sissies, neither is a pain in the mouth..
Hang in there bud… maybe listening to some Frank Zappa will help you feel better..

Folsom

« Reply #11 on: 8 Apr 2016, 04:59 pm »

Dear lord I hope so, so I never click on anything like this horrifying topic again!

guest61169

« Reply #12 on: 8 Apr 2016, 05:55 pm »
Don't leave without a script for some Percs.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #13 on: 8 Apr 2016, 07:44 pm »
Hope it works as expected.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 8 Apr 2016, 07:56 pm »
You know what they say, what doesn't kill me hurts like a bitch, ha, ha.
After the oral surgeon got done doing his thing he asked me how I was doing and I told him that now I know what it feels like to be a fish with all of the line being tugged in my mouth.  Ahh, ya caught me!
I haven't looked but he says there are a lot of stitches in there and they'll probably drive me crazy before they fall out.

A pain killer and two double sided Zappa albums at high volume is exactly what I did when I got home.
Thank you for the well wishes and hope you all stay away from the nice man with the syringe full of Novocain.
Time for a salt water rinse and a nap.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 5 May 2016, 08:32 am »
The stitches are finally out and that hole leading from the roof of the mouth to the sinus cavity is finally healed shut.
Now to just get over the sinus infection that the last bit of oral surgery caused and I'll be back to normal.
This was a rough one but it's just about done.

Guy 13

« Reply #16 on: 5 May 2016, 10:59 am »
Steve glad to read that everything is now back to normal.  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 5 May 2016, 12:31 pm »
Steve, glad that at least a good portion is behind you.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #18 on: 5 May 2016, 03:46 pm »
Don't leave without a script for some Percs.

Good luck with that in todays climate of junkies dying like flies from overdoses.

Doc

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #19 on: 5 May 2016, 04:42 pm »
Wow, Steve. This has been an ordeal. I hope it's finally over for you.

My sister suffers nasty sinus infections that she has been told are difficult to defeat due to the location of the bacteria and difficulty the antibiotics experience in getting to the bacteria. Best of luck.