Fame

Bigfish

Fame
« on: 16 Jan 2010, 12:51 am »
The 2009 verson of Fame was released on DVD/Bluray this week.  My wife and I just finished watching it and found it disappointing versus the orginal TV Series.  I found the movie jumped around too quickly and did not do a good job of developing a plot.  Anyway the music was good and I would rate the movie at 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Ken

ajzepp

Re: Fame
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2010, 09:56 pm »
I've been on the fence with this one...sorta have a mild interest in seeing it, but not enough to override other options.

Sooner or later I'll probably check it out.

PhilNYC

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2010, 07:41 pm »
The 2009 verson of Fame was released on DVD/Bluray this week.  My wife and I just finished watching it and found it disappointing versus the orginal TV Series.  I found the movie jumped around too quickly and did not do a good job of developing a plot.  Anyway the music was good and I would rate the movie at 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Ken

Am intrigued that you compared it to the TV series rather than the original movie.  Did you ever see the original movie?  The TV series was imho a poor sugar-coated adaptation of the original movie...

Bigfish

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2010, 11:52 am »
Am intrigued that you compared it to the TV series rather than the original movie.  Did you ever see the original movie?  The TV series was imho a poor sugar-coated adaptation of the original movie...

I don't remember seeing the original "Fame" movie.  My wife and I enjoyed watching the TV Series.  Maybe I should go to BB to see if they have a copy of the original because the new movie is certainly not worth seeing again.

Ken