2009 GAS golf tourney? Any interest?

jcrane

2009 GAS golf tourney? Any interest?
« on: 20 Feb 2009, 08:51 pm »
Several times we have talked of throwing a tourney for our group, but it never seems to happen. I thought I might bring up the subject early this year and if enough interest is shown start moving forward.
I am not familiar with any courses on the Missouri side, but play at several over here so that is something that will need to be worked on later.

If you are interested, let me know along with any suggestions you have and ideas for the format.
I am thinking a scramble format with two or four man teams depending on the number interested. We could do blind draw or pick your team.
I main requirement would be a drink cart  :green:

Let me know

Jamie

dwarfed centipede

Re: 2009 GAS golf tourney? Any interest?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2009, 09:26 pm »
sounds good, count me in.  I dont have a preference for the course.  I'm not that good, so any course is a challenge for me.  :icon_lol:

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2009, 11:27 pm »
Hey Jamie,
I'm in depending on when you want to do it. It will probably be a couple of months before I can swing a club with any authority since I just had abdominal surgery a week or so ago. Depending on how many of us are hackers, best ball might be the best format.

wedweb

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2009, 10:33 pm »
I am in.  Depending on the date/if I don't have another agenda item. :)

daves

« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2009, 02:06 pm »
I'm in. Fore!

Sarmck

« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2009, 02:45 pm »
Count me in possibly too. I'm planning a trip back to STL in late May for about a week.  I'll keep an eye on this thread for potential schedules.

If you're looking for courses just across the river, check out Rolling Hills (nice course and not too expensive) in Godfrey, IL or Clover Leaf about 15-20 minutes down the road from Fast Eddie's in Alton (fairly short course and costs less than one SED EL34 tube from a certain west coast audio store).  If you want to have something on the MO side, check out this site: http://www.slfp.com/SLFPageGol.htm

Ron