Nuforce acquired by Optoma

ralflar

Nuforce acquired by Optoma
« on: 14 Nov 2014, 02:15 am »
Is this old news? I just went to nuforce.com and saw the announcement. There is a link to nuforce.optoma.com as well. Terrible site IMO.

John Casler

Re: Nuforce acquired by Optoma
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2014, 03:26 pm »
No, this is brand new news, although it has been going on behind the scenes for some time.

The official Press Release was yesterday.

Optoma acquires NuForce the critically acclaimed
Californian based consumer audio company

Optoma, a leading international projector brand, today announced it has acquired NuForce Inc.
maker of premium consumer audio products.

“Optoma has built its reputation creating high-performing projection products,” said Brian Hsieh
Managing Director, Optoma Americas.

“Audio is the logical progression for Optoma, bringing
together great video with equally great sound. Optoma has been at the forefront of home
entertainment display innovation for nearly two decades and we are very excited to now be able
to complete the experience with the addition of superb audio.”

NuForce is already known for its clean design and superior sound. A streamlined NuForce
sound range will comprise of home cinema products that complement Optoma’s home
projectors, wireless systems to deliver crystal clear HiFi sound from a mobile device and
earphones for the same premium listening experience anywhere, anytime. The range will also
include NuForce’s multi-award winning digital amplifier and DAC products.

“Sound is such an important part of the home entertainment experience,” said Jon Grodem, Sr.
Director of Product & Marketing for Optoma Americas. “A cinema-sized image coupled with
great sound can transform any living space.”

Full product details on the new sound range can be found on the existing Optoma websites –
www.optoma.com with the products reaching the US, Canada and Latin America early in 2015.
For more information please contact:
Jon Grodem: jong@optoma.com

About Optoma
Optoma Technology, Inc. is an award-winning developer of projection and digital display products for business and
home. The company manufactures multimedia projectors for mobile users, fixed installations and home theaters, as
well as HD displays. Optoma products combine superior image processing technologies with exceptional engineering
and innovation to deliver images that are bright, crystal clear and finely tuned for tone and color. Optoma products
are sold through the company’s global network of Pro AV dealers and resellers. For more information, visit
www.optomausa.com.

ziv

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2014, 08:23 am »
The new Nuforce / Optoma site has no "support" section yet. All manuals and firmwares are not available anymore.

I hope they will return and that the new company will continue to provide updates to existing products !

jk@home

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2014, 02:51 pm »
How is this going to effect existing equipment warranties?

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2014, 03:13 pm »
Terrible site IMO.

No kidding, that has to be one of the most annoying website navigation approaches I've seen - although it appears to be better suited for tablets. I guess keyboard punchers are not their intended customers :)

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2014, 03:14 pm »
Keep in mind that the high-end products are now under NuPrime, which has its own circle here.
And all support for the high-end products should be logged on www.nuprimeaudio.com
We (ie Nuprime) are catching up with the support and will response to each of you.
Jason

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2014, 03:31 pm »
No kidding, that has to be one of the most annoying website navigation approaches I've seen - although it appears to be better suited for tablets. I guess keyboard punchers are not their intended customers :)
Tablets users seems to be kids imo.
Seems his target public are kids.