***Sub Cabinet Design***

oldman45

Re: Sub Cabinet Design
« Reply #80 on: 8 Sep 2012, 02:40 pm »
Those subs are really beuatiful.  If they sound just half as good as they look, they will still be worth it.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #81 on: 8 Sep 2012, 03:29 pm »
Peter, Is this what I think it is, a sit upon? Do you have plans, dimensions, bill of materials, etc?

Larry

Larry, ya got me. I don't think I know what a "sit upon" is. Clue me in...

These are sawhorses, I use a couple of them on outfeed and left side of my tablesaw for support. That particular one happens to be the first one I built and I use it to horse sheets onto the saw, either off a stack or leaning against the wall.

I may have a Sketchup model of later iterations, but I doubt it's what most would call complete. I would mostly use it for a jumping off spot, sort of completing the design as I go. If it interests you I'd be happy to send it your way.

lacro

« Reply #82 on: 8 Sep 2012, 05:18 pm »
Larry, ya got me. I don't think I know what a "sit upon" is. Clue me in...

These are sawhorses, I use a couple of them on outfeed and left side of my tablesaw for support. That particular one happens to be the first one I built and I use it to horse sheets onto the saw, either off a stack or leaning against the wall.

I may have a Sketchup model of later iterations, but I doubt it's what most would call complete. I would mostly use it for a jumping off spot, sort of completing the design as I go. If it interests you I'd be happy to send it your way.

Peter,
  :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: I thought it was a stool :duh: It looks like it would be great to sit on (i.e. sit-upon), ya know when your working on something while half standing, half sitting on a stool with your feet on the floor, and your butt only half way onto a stool with the edge of the stool digging into the back of your legs :x. That's why I thought it was a curved top (half-arse) stool :lol:

Larry

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: ***Sub Cabinet Design***
« Reply #83 on: 29 Jun 2015, 12:03 am »
Round two!

I was motivated to get the remaining two done...differently.

Only took me what..., 4 years!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98186.new#new

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #84 on: 29 Jun 2015, 01:20 am »
Peter,

What do those weigh in at?

Mike

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #85 on: 29 Jun 2015, 05:17 am »
Well Mike, they're not light! It's all I can do to boost one around.  They have ball casters for moving around once in a house though.

As I recall, I pegged the first ones at about 160 lbs. with amp and driver, so we subtract that I'm guessing, what, 20 lbs.? so they end up around 140.

I could weigh them if need be.

You want me to send 'em your way ? :eyebrows:

Captainhemo

« Reply #86 on: 29 Jun 2015, 06:21 am »
They do look pretty  darn cool  Peter  :thumb:

I've considered  geting a few  8mm casters to have around  for moving  cabinets.... after moving the triple 12 H-frams, it's almost becoming a necessity.

jay

jay