Spam Alert -Email Troubles

PromitheusAudio

• Promitheusaudio
Spam Alert -Email Troubles
« on: 15 Apr 2008, 04:01 am »
A couple weeks ago up to this weekend, our email was hijacked by a spam hacker
Our email was used to send out spam, i believe low price meds by the return emails i receive
because of this most emails that were send to our account were not receive by me.
So far we have taken control back of the account, i hope

Not sure yet on how they manage to access the email but according to our webmaster, they just need to verify the email and that's all. Don't know what it means though

if you send us an email and did not receive a reply, please resend as it was loss or not receive by us

If you receive an email saying low price meds, its SPAM. we sell "afforable price audio" not meds. Its not new venture of ours  :D

romandoc

• http://romandoc.com/
Re: Spam Alert -Email Troubles
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2008, 12:43 am »
Thanks, I sent you an e-mail, subject line "promitheusaudio".

Florin P, Cleveland, OH

sbrown

« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2008, 01:01 am »
Nicholas,

Email still not working??  I've sent two in the last week and a half without response.  You need to get it fixed.

Scott

toledo

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2008, 07:19 pm »
My first post  ... I was hoping to use it for something more constructive ... like showing off my new TVC and DAC that are being built. ;)

Has anybody been able to get in touch with Nick lately?

The last successful communication I had with him was on 4/23.

I have sent him repeated emails since and he has not replied. I hope everyting is ok with him and this is a technical matter.

Any network admins here that can give Nick some IT advice on better email services?

Nick,
Just in case, I have sent you a PM.

Dave

Say

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2008, 08:03 pm »
To those who want quicker response times from Nic, try sending a him personal message (my messages) from AudioCircle instead of email. That process has worked better for me in the past.

Sincerely,
Say

NewBuyer

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2008, 07:42 am »
If Nick can read his AudioCircle private messages, then at least we know he is online.

Hopefully he will therefore also post here in his Circle, to let us know what is going on? :?:

dainapoo

Anyone heard from Nicholas lately?
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2008, 10:23 am »
Anyone heard from Nicholas since these May posts?  I had intermittent correspondence with him in June, having purchased a TVC and DAC from him in the past year or so, and I was thinking about getting one more thing, and had some questions.  He disappeared for several days or a week just as I was about to decide to go ahead and get it, so I sent him one more email saying I was going to give it one more try before buying it from somewhere else.  He responded.  I went ahead and made the purchase.  Over the next couple of days, I sent him a couple of emails that he responded to, and then, since June 19th, nothing.  I never received a confirmation that he'd received my order, although that's never been something he did in the past now that I think of it, but I've emailed him multiple times about other things and then the order and then finally just asking him to respond if he got my message.   I've also sent him a personal message from here.  Nothing.

I'm concerned about him, about my money, about everything. Can anyone here get ahold of him?  I really like the guy, but this is very disconcerting.

thanks!

Daina

jadis boy

Re: Anyone heard from Nicholas lately?
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2008, 11:26 am »
Anyone heard from Nicholas since these May posts?  I had intermittent correspondence with him in June, having purchased a TVC and DAC from him in the past year or so, and I was thinking about getting one more thing, and had some questions.  He disappeared for several days or a week just as I was about to decide to go ahead and get it, so I sent him one more email saying I was going to give it one more try before buying it from somewhere else.  He responded.  I went ahead and made the purchase.  Over the next couple of days, I sent him a couple of emails that he responded to, and then, since June 19th, nothing.  I never received a confirmation that he'd received my order, although that's never been something he did in the past now that I think of it, but I've emailed him multiple times about other things and then the order and then finally just asking him to respond if he got my message.   I've also sent him a personal message from here.  Nothing.

I'm concerned about him, about my money, about everything. Can anyone here get ahold of him?  I really like the guy, but this is very disconcerting.

thanks!

Daina
i talk with nicholas before 3 days and is all ok .
the  Communication is ok with him from me

romandoc

• http://romandoc.com/
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2008, 12:27 pm »
RE: Daina

I also have a custom preamp on order since February. Nicholas is obviously very busy these days, but I noticed is that he will eventually respond to e-mails but sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks to do so. I would not send him multiple e-mails about the same subject because that will only dilute the message and will prolong the time needed to respond to other e-mails. Patience, he will respond.

romandoc

tanchiro58

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jul 2008, 12:45 pm »
I received an answer from Nick at Promitheus audio last week even though my questions were sent two months ago. That means he is still there and busy!!! Communicating with him through AC is best and worry free!  :thumb:

dainapoo

« Reply #10 on: 11 Jul 2008, 01:36 am »
Thanks guys,

I heard from him today.  I had sent him various emails about different subjects, and he attempted to reply to them all separately.  I had 5 emails in a row from him.  He said that he had been on a business trip.  Yea, I try not to send him emails about the same thing over and over - that's good advice - we had a couple of other discussions going on regarding tweaks, and another purchase I was contemplating (not Promitheus) that he and I had discussed before that we both have had previous experiences with, and then of course, the purchase I've recently made from him - phono preamp.

Anyway, yes, he's busy.  I spend my entire day on the computer, and there are still times when I get behind.  I can only imagine how hard it is for him to switch back and forth.  Having said that, I truly do wish, for his sake as well as ours, that he could get some help here.  His products are so simply and elegantly designed - I wish more people could get a taste of them, but things will have to change before he can do that, assuming he wants to. I editorialize.  Bottom line- good guy, great products, even greater value, and we can accept these minor hortcomings because maybe his best quality is his honesty and honor. 

Thanks!

Daina