AXPONA 2021

Mr Peabody

AXPONA 2021
« on: 14 Jul 2021, 07:36 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has plans to go or thoughts in general on how the audio shows will do on attendance this year?  AXPONA will be Act. 29-31. 

I heard the THE Show had much less exhibits this year.  Not sure on actual attendance.

I am interested but waiting to see what guidelines will be in place, etc. I don't have a need just love checking out the gear.

waterboy

Re: AXPONA 2021
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2021, 02:54 am »
I am planning to attend Axpona, although I have yet to purchase tickets. Still waiting to see how things might change regarding the pandemic. The thought of crowding into small hotel rooms, and elbowing my way through the halls, doesn't seem very appealing if pandemic conditions continue to worsen.  I would love to go however, as I am in the market for some speakers and potentially a new amp/pre-amp. We will wait and see...

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2021, 06:32 pm »
I'd like to go, but I just don't have the funds this year, and am also hesitant to attend events with such large crowds as of yet.

I'm vaccinated, but Delta is scary.

Buena1

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2021, 11:29 pm »
Hi all!
My name is Buena1 and am new to this site, albeit engrossed on this hobby for awhile now. I attended Axpona in 2019 and was blown away by the amazing combos of different equipment. I was searching for speakers and took a lot of notes to help come decision time. Surprisingly and accidentally stumbled past the Wharfedale room and was amazed how decent,  at the price, the Lintons were. I heard a lot of other speakers that cost a lot more and some were certainly better, but they were just fun with what ever was being sent through.Ever since I have wanted to go back as I have learned so much since about products I was not aware of while there. Heres to hoping we can all attend safely when the time comes!

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2021, 10:31 pm »
Axpona has been rescheduled from October 29-31, 2021 to April 22-24, 2022.

Smart move.

Mr Peabody

« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2021, 02:00 am »
I guess if we are keeping this thread updated, AXPONA has been moved again until April 2022.

As a side note RMAF has been canceled permanently, they will be no more.  Hated to see that.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2021, 11:46 pm »
Gents,  VPE Electrodynamics will be exhibiting at AXPONA in April 2022.  We will be in the Exhibit Hall with our VPE Little Dipole Woofers, and the new VPE Dipole Loudspeaker.  Robert Raus will also be there to show his great stands for the Maggie LRS and larger panel speakers.  See you there.

Blackmore

« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2021, 12:10 pm »
Great news Don!!!!

Mr Peabody

« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2022, 04:53 pm »
Reviving this post some, back to original question now that AXPONA is happening who is going?

Way to go Don. 

Mr Peabody

« Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2022, 04:04 pm »
Doesn't look like much show enthusiasm.  My friends I sometimes go with aren't going either so if interested but no one to go with let me know, I have interest in going.

jwaller50

« Reply #10 on: 28 Mar 2022, 07:22 pm »
I have booked my trip, it will be my first show. I'd love to meet other St.Louis audiophiles. My home system is Kef R11s, Yamaha As2200, ADI Dac, Uturn Orbit turntable with an Ortofon 2m Blue. I'm running Blue Jean 10 Guage speaker cable and have some room treatment.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
« Reply #11 on: 6 Apr 2022, 05:07 am »
Hi, guys.  We will be at AXPONA representing VPE Electrodynamics, Magna Risers, Schiit Audio and Signal Cable.  See us in the EXPO Hall at Booth 9215.  We will premiere a new full-range DSP based speaker - its a beauty

WRT attendance, according Mark Freed, they have sold over 5000 tickets and expect as many as 10,000 people.  I think a lot of folks have cabin fever !  All the usual suspect mfg.s will be there along with about 20 newbies like us'ens.  It should be a good time.