Modded DAC 60 and Squeezebox listening session

Wayne1

« Reply #40 on: 25 May 2006, 03:06 pm »
Thanks for the offer of the demo unit, Danny.

The owner of the DAC 60 has dropped off his SB3 for mods. I believe he also picked up some of those tubes you mention.

We should have a get together this weekend in which we can compare SBs by a couple of different modders.

Let me know for sure if you might want to borrow one for RMAF.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #41 on: 25 May 2006, 03:25 pm »
If he has any burn in time on those new tubes have him bring it over and see what you think of it with the tube upgrade.

If you have a complete SB system (computer loaded with music, etc.) and would like for me to use it at the RMAF then I will be glad to do so. It will be a nice addition and would be as easy as switching inputs to go back and forth from it to a CD based system.

I'll have to keep a CD based system on hand so I can play the music people walk in the door with.

That new Olive music server that Mike Garner is carrying looks interesting too. Aren't you doing some mods on one of those for him? Output from one of those to a fully modded DAC-60 might be killer too.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #42 on: 25 May 2006, 03:41 pm »
Okay, I am already getting questions from mentioning the fully modded DAC-60 or super DAC version in the works. I'll mention these here for those interested and maybe it will limit the amount of times I answer them.

The $1,499. price for the super DAC version is a high ceiling limit we want to stay under. The actual price depends on the cost of the parts used. We will try to keep the price as low as possible. It could even come in as low as $1,200.

I have no word yet on the USB->I2S interface. They are working on adding this to the DAC-60. I will keep on them on it and see if I can get some answers. I would love to know when this will happen as much as everyone else. Everybody is asking for it.