Service and repair

pianoguy

Service and repair
« on: 10 Dec 2021, 04:06 pm »
Is anyone else having problems with repair times and Bryston?  My B100 SST has been in their shop for going on 4 months now.  I have had no status updates and my dealer has been unable to get any answers either.  Attempts to message Bryston from their website are not working.  While I realize COVID has slowed everything down, I am surprised at the inability to get any sort of update.  In the past, my service experience with Bryston has been fantastic.

Mariusz Uszynski

Re: Service and repair
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2021, 05:30 pm »
Is anyone else having problems with repair times and Bryston?  My B100 SST has been in their shop for going on 4 months now.  I have had no status updates and my dealer has been unable to get any answers either.  Attempts to message Bryston from their website are not working.  While I realize COVID has slowed everything down, I am surprised at the inability to get any sort of update.  In the past, my service experience with Bryston has been fantastic.
To be honest, sometimes in november, I have called and left massages, sent e-mails and never got any replies.They must be getting busy, but they shouldn't ignore their customers.

pianoguy

« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2021, 06:33 pm »
Well, I have now had some clarification on this issue.  Apparently, the unit was never shipped to Bryston.  My dealer has been trying to get an RMA number from Bryston to ship it off since the beginning of September, but Bryston wasn't getting back to them and supplying them with one.  To complicate matters, from email correspondence with one of my dealer's salesmen, I was told the unit HAD been shipped and it could take as much as a year for it to be looked at and repaired.  Apparently, he was unaware the unit was still sitting in their store all this time.  Sadly, this has been a case of very poor communication on everyone's part! 

JARSH

« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2021, 07:34 pm »
Sorry to hear about this. 

I sent my original BP-20 along with a 4B NRB for repairs around June, I think.  It took them a few weeks to repair the preamp due to shutdowns and backlogs.  Somewhere around that time I had purchased a used set of 7B SST/2's.  I told Mike if they could service the pre that they could take their time on the amp.  The amp came back in September. 

Read online some time ago that there are parts shortages as well.. depending on product.  Bryston has always been good to me when it either came to service or being quick in answering any questions.  Wish you luck with getting this sorted.

gbaby

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2021, 08:42 pm »
To be honest, sometimes in november, I have called and left massages, sent e-mails and never got any replies.They must be getting busy, but they shouldn't ignore their customers.

Give the company a break. Covid has changed all commerce.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2021, 11:13 pm »

Hi Folks,

Yes sadly the problem is we can not get parts for new product let along repair items. So we have asked people not to send in repairs for the time being as they will not be able to be looked at till things improve.

Sorry about that but its the reality of the market today.

james

Datec

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2022, 01:02 am »
Just wondering if there has been any consideration to extending the owners warranty given the long times a unit is down due to the parts shortage?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2022, 02:51 am »
Just wondering if there has been any consideration to extending the owners warranty given the long times a unit is down due to the parts shortage?

HI

That would be difficult to track but a few months one way or the other would not cause an issue with a warranty repair.

james

vonnie123

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jan 2022, 03:50 am »

@gbaby

Are you some kind of shill?  Every time someone voices a concern with Bryston, or an issue with their products, you jump to Bryston's defense without knowing the facts.

vonnie123

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2022, 03:52 am »
Hi Folks,

Yes sadly the problem is we can not get parts for new product let along repair items. So we have asked people not to send in repairs for the time being as they will not be able to be looked at till things improve.

Sorry about that but its the reality of the market today.

james

As long as the RMA request was made within the warranty period, I would expect Bryston to extend the warranty period and make the repairs under warranty.  Is that how this is being addressed?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 14 Jan 2022, 08:41 am »
As long as the RMA request was made within the warranty period, I would expect Bryston to extend the warranty period and make the repairs under warranty.  Is that how this is being addressed?

Hi

I think that makes perfect sense and we are not out to screw someone out of a warranty repair if it falls a few months outside the warranty period.

james

vonnie123

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jan 2022, 10:40 pm »
Sounds right.  Bryston is a stand up company. 

Thanks for the comment.   

Datec

« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2022, 11:50 pm »
That's good to know and I'm sure helps put peoples mind at ease. I have to look at mine I noticed that when I lightly touch one of the interconnect at the amp it shorts giving off a very loud buzz. Not sure if the amps connection is faulty or the cable is but I will be switching one cable with another and see if the problem follows the cable or stays at the one amp section. 

Datec

« Reply #13 on: 15 Jan 2022, 12:15 am »
Bryston site must be down I can't get on it.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 15 Jan 2022, 01:32 am »
Yes the site is down - not sure why?

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jan 2022, 03:57 am »
@gbaby

Are you some kind of shill?  Every time someone voices a concern with Bryston, or an issue with their products, you jump to Bryston's defense without knowing the facts.
......Yeh , but those "are" the facts this past year and a half. Covid has had impact on all things we hold as regular life events.

vonnie123

« Reply #16 on: 16 Jan 2022, 12:32 am »
Yes the site is down - not sure why?

james

The site certificate had expired on 1-14-22.  Looks to have been fixed.