Toe in Experiment

Louis O

Toe in Experiment
« on: 11 Jan 2003, 02:36 pm »
I Recently got a tip from a dealer in England (Worthing Audio) regarding toe in and tried it for myself and it works great. Try toeing in the speakers so that the sound from each speaker criss crosses right in front of your listening position. The toe in is extreme and sounds great. This works for all Omega Speakers and if anyone owns Ed's Horns, it should work great as well.

Thanks,
Louis

jackman

Toe in Experiment
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2003, 03:42 pm »
What about the "dowel" tweek?  Have you tried that?

bundee1

Toe in Experiment
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2003, 05:05 am »
Yeah, I have my speakers set up like that. The imaging is very good, and I also have to do it because I sit so close to my rig (about 6ft away, small room). The only problem is that vocals are a bit recessed, otherwise Im happy.

Louis O

Toe in Experiment
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2003, 02:59 pm »
Hi Jack,

Thanks for reminding me of the dowel trick. I will try it today or Monday and let you know how it works out. If anyone wants to try for themselves it's pretty easy to do.

Place a 1/4" to a 1/2" dowel or fat straw across the driver vertically and tape it in place. That's it. Let me know what you think.  :D

Thanks,
Louis

Bosh

Toe in Experiment
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2003, 02:08 am »
Place a 1/4" to a 1/2" dowel or fat straw across the driver vertically and tape it in place. That's it. Let me know what you think.  :D

Thanks,
Louis[/quote]

Ugh.  I sure hope it doesn't work...would look like  :evil: !  Unless, Lou, you wanna' make me a couple dowels in Blue Artic.

Jim

Louis O

Toe in Experiment
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2003, 02:20 pm »
Hi Jim,

Your right it would look ugly. If it works, I'll try to make it look the best I can.  :D  
Thanks,
Louis

bundee1

Toe in Experiment
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2003, 05:06 am »
Whatsit supposed to do?

Louis O

Toe in Experiment
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2003, 03:09 pm »
This tweak will improve imaging and sounstage as well as smoothing out the top end.

Not pretty to look at but a nice improvement.

Thanks,
Louis

Bosh

Toe in Experiment
« Reply #8 on: 3 Feb 2003, 05:36 am »
Quote from: Louis O
This tweak will improve imaging and sounstage as well as smoothing out the top end.

Not pretty to look at but a nice improvement.

Thanks,
Louis

So does the dasterdly dowel tweak actually work, Lou?