RM/Xs on the Way!!!

Sedona Sky Sound

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« on: 15 Aug 2003, 03:27 am »
Just got the message from Brian that Dorn has finally delivered the first set of production RM/X cabinets.  :D Brian seemed to indicate that they are even better than the original demo RM/X cabinets at CES.  All the details seem to have been worked out so hopefully there should be no more production delays.

I should have the RM/Xs in my demo room in a few weeks. Once I have given it a week or so to burn-in and determine best positioning, I will give a full report.    

Julian
www.sedonaskysound.com

wshuff

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2003, 04:10 am »
Cool, glad to hear it!  Please post pics!

ekovalsky

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2003, 04:22 am »

Sa-dono

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2003, 04:26 am »
Quote from: RibbonSpeakers.net
Julian
I absolutely respect you & admire your dedication to this field. That said, the RMX is dead, Brian's stories notwithstanding. You or anyone else thinking otherwise are simply mistaken. One week ago the second principal of the cabinet shop, when asked if the cabinets were forthcoming soon, answered with dead silence. He read from the attorney's letter, & it is clear the letter contadicts Brian's hopeful conclusions. As for "30 pair", I would bet even money that no such thing will happen before March '04. This is the way it is. Everyone has been told, so there's no reason to be surprised in '04 when the X still has not materialized. It's time to get on with other things. Indefinitly the upgrade step is the FF Neo.

I wonder what Jim has to say now :lol:

Horsehead

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2003, 11:36 am »
Hopefully the RM/Xs are a reality.  I'm still waiting over a month for a simple set of FST dressplates. :(

shokunin

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2003, 02:22 pm »
This is excellent news.  Hopefully this won't be a "limited-run" and Dorn's shop will be able to produce these on a continual basis.

ekovalsky

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2003, 11:03 pm »
So Jim, what's the poop?

wshuff

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2003, 12:28 am »
:lol:

Ekovalsky, where do you get all those cool emoticons?  Hilarious!

Marbles

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #8 on: 17 Aug 2003, 12:36 am »
He um "borrowed" them from another member here and needs to be punished

Woodsea

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #9 on: 17 Aug 2003, 01:51 am »
Let me tell ya what
I am outta here
Hmm
I am back, I just got without you guys

audionoob

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug 2003, 04:48 am »
I am totally fascinated with the bass module and tweeter module of the RMX. I wonder whether such innovations will find their way into more modest models in VMPS lineup?

shokunin

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #11 on: 22 Aug 2003, 05:34 am »
I think the cabinet production and costs are the prohibiting factors to getting the design into other models.  I would love to see RM40's built around the same cabinet design as the RM/x, albeit smaller in size.  

Julian, let us know how they compare to the RM40's.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #12 on: 22 Aug 2003, 05:40 am »
Quote from: Sa-dono

What I have to say is: do they exist yet anywhere beyond a promise?  If they do exist, we are talking about three cabinets.  I hope I was wrong, I hope I am wrong.  I am not going to wast my time looking for it, but I clearly remember my post quoted above being in response to Julian posting almost the exact same words several months ago.  Julian quoted Brian that speakers were on the way.  If I was wrong, everyone including me is very pleasantly surprised & very happy for the new owners.  If my prediction turns out to be correct, & it still could be that I am, everyone who believed is/was spared a lot of disapointment.  I originally sold the speakers last October, close to a year ago, which are now allegedly going to Julian.  I feel as bad as anyone that my Singapore customer eventually had to settle on 40s, when he could wait no longer.  I recommend everyone take a deep breath & wait for the shipping manifest from the truck company.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #13 on: 22 Aug 2003, 05:54 am »

Sa-dono
I apologize that I did not read my own quote till now.  Everything I wrote was 100% accurate at that time, & in case you did not know, remains accurate till Julian has his X in his possession, no?  Till then, the X is dead. When I get a chance I will dig up Julian's quote from about six-eight weeks ago, which was almost exactly like the one starting this thread.  Personally, hearing such a report from Brian, after all the false alarms, Julian could just as reasonably yawned & responded with "I'll believe it when I see them".  If you want to make the bet I proposed (contradicting Julian quoting Brian's preposterous claim of 30 pair coming soon), with proceeds going to a local humane society, I am easy to reach.  That's what Jim has to say now.  I wonder what Sa-dono has to say now?

Sa-dono

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #14 on: 22 Aug 2003, 10:00 am »
Quote from: RibbonSpeakers.net
Sa-dono
I apologize that I did not read my own quote till now. Everything I wrote was 100% accurate at that time, & in case you did not know, remains accurate till Julian has his X in his possession, no? Till then, the X is dead. When I get a chance I will dig up Julian's quote from about six-eight weeks ago, which was almost exactly like the one starting this thread. Personally, hearing such a report from Brian, after all the false alarms, Julian could just as reasonably yawned & responded with "I'll believe it when I see them". If you want to make the bet I proposed (contradicting Julian quoting Brian's preposterous claim of 30 pair coming soon), with proceeds going to a local humane society, I am easy to reach. That's what Jim has to say now. I wonder what Sa-dono has to say now?

I do not recall what Julian said previously. Hopefully you can dig the exact quote up so we know for sure. I must say I am also skeptical about the RM/x's. I'm still waiting for an update from Julian so he can tell us if he actually received them or not. It would be very unfortunate if he did not receive them for whatever reason, and we have not been informed.

As to what I have to say about your response... I would say I am not a betting man. Well except when I know I'll win, and someone is that much of a sucker :lol: 30 pair by March 04? I will remain doubtful until I see quite a few more pairs in the hands of customers.

And I mainly mentioned you due to the following quote:
"That said, the RMX is dead, Brian's stories notwithstanding."

If the RM/x really has kicked into actual production, like I hope...then the above would not be true.  I just wanted to get your reaction (although I was mainly joking), since you appeared to have a definite air of certainty behind your statements.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2003, 04:32 pm »
I do not recall what Julian said previously. Hopefully you can dig the exact quote up so we know for sure. I must say I am also skeptical about the RM/x's. I'm still waiting for an update from Julian so he can tell us if he actually received them or not. It would be very unfortunate if he did not receive them for whatever reason, and we have not been informed.

As to what I have to say about your response... I would say I am not a betting man. Well except when I know I'll win, and someone is that much of  ...

Certainly it is now true that since the sum total three X cabinets were delivered from the cabinet shop, approx Feb-March '03 (5-6 months ago), no X have existed.  We must all wait for Julian to proclaim the status has changed, not Julian quoting Brian's promise.  The sooner the X is available, the better.  I would not be surpriXed if Julian notifies the forum as soon as the truck arrives.   :lol:

ekovalsky

RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2003, 02:54 am »
Perhaps the facilitator of this group can provide a status update to quench all the rumors running amok.

:argue:

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
update
« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2003, 04:55 am »
Today Brian said one pair of X are burning in at the Plant (oooohhh that lucky Julian!) & more cabinets are expected from the cabinet shop.  If Brian said the X were at his house I'd go look at them with my own eyes tomorrow morning and report back to class.  But the Plant is locked up & I sure don't feel like waiting around till Brian arrives there at noon.  I was also told that if cabinets exist VMPS can load & finish pairs in "about" a day.  That sounds optimistic, but we can dream, can't we?  I want one X center channel driven by one (or two) mono Ampzilla 2000s, flanked on L/R by 626Rs driven by the stereo Ampzilla.  Preamp of choice is the Ampzilla Trinaural Processor, source is the coming McCormack UDP-1 (universal disc player, a giant killer at estimated $3500, CES prototype was veeeery promising).  Whadya think?  Problems are parting with my much loved & bulletproof Elite Pro530 HDTV, the money needed for a perforated screen, front projector & installation, & the dark room requirements (much lower intensity vs. RPTV).  Last year the projector of choice was the $10,000 Sharp.  Ouch!  Why do I want more than RM40s driven by Ampzilla monos?

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2003, 05:08 am »
Jim,

Get an Infocus 7200(with rebate of $1,000) it is selling close to cost in some areas. You could Pick it up for $6,000 and get a Stewart greyhawk screen. Now there, I saved you some money!!!

Larry

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
RM/Xs on the Way!!!
« Reply #19 on: 23 Aug 2003, 08:00 pm »
Quote from: lkosova
Jim,

Get an Infocus 7200(with rebate of $1,000) it is selling close to cost in some areas. You could Pick it up for $6,000 and get a Stewart greyhawk screen. Now there, I saved you some money!!!

Larry

(sorry for change in the thread)  Attention, Larry, talk to me!  Describe the performance & potential longevity/parts/service differences between last year's darling, the $10,000 Sharp XV-Z9000U (DLP player, wadever that is) vs. your recommended Infocus above.  I don't care about features.  Though I have no knowledge about Sharp's parts/service support, never even heard of Infocus.  This is a big deal when talking about this much green.  My current Pioneer is known for unbeatable parts/service.  For either, how dark must my room be?  Many thanks!