• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: Bryston price increase ?
« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2009, 04:29 pm »
You get more than your money's worth.

Definitely.

werd

« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2009, 04:46 pm »
In one of the threads JT mentioned price increase.

Is this true?
When is this happening?
By how much?
Is this for all products or just certain items?

It is a bit surprising in the current state of economy although not uncommon (i.e. recent prices for plasma TVs)

Hi,

Yes increases on all the SST SQ versions of the amplifiers due to increases in parts cost.

james

Are they big or small price increases?

5-7% depending on model.

james

He's gotta pay for those new Martin Logans some how.......  :lol: :flak:

danman

« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2009, 05:02 pm »
C'mon werd, you know that both of us are just plain jealous!!!

Moon Doggy

« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2009, 05:44 pm »

:lol: There are some incredible perks being in the hi end audio biz! I've been tempted to work for an audio company or two. Those MLs are well deserved James.  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2009, 08:06 pm »
C'mon werd, you know that both of us are just plain jealous!!!

Yuppers on the jealousy!! i'm just razzing James. The timing of his ML announcement and this post being up on the board at the same time was just too tempting... couldnt resist.

danman

« Reply #25 on: 28 May 2009, 11:17 pm »
Can't blame you especially now that he has received them and is setting them up!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

TomS

« Reply #26 on: 28 May 2009, 11:37 pm »

:lol: There are some incredible perks being in the hi end audio biz! I've been tempted to work for an audio company or two. Those MLs are well deserved James.  :thumb:
There are... but having worked in the retail side of the industry and getting salesman comp pricing on everything caused me to spend my whole paycheck on the goodies  :wink:

onthefly

« Reply #27 on: 8 Jun 2009, 03:55 pm »
A few months back I downgraded my system to 5.1 from 7.1 mainly because of lack of material.  The thought of two channels burning away doing nothing on my fairly new 9B did not help.  I knew what I could get 3 PP300's for having purchased two for L & R duties not that long ago.  The 9B sold surprisingly quickly and it was only then I realised all Bryston products were subject to a hefty price increase because of the currency situation (UK).  What a shocker. :duh:

Luckily after telephoning any and every Bryston dealer I could find, I managed to find one who would honour the older prices and even gave me a few days to ponder the cost of 3 PP300's (I didn't need to think on it). :drool:

That was close.  All hail the Bryston's. :notworthy: