Bryston price increase ?

audiokiep

Bryston price increase ?
« on: 12 May 2009, 07:22 pm »
In one of the threads JT mentioned price increase.

Is this true?
When is this happening?
By how much?
Is this for all products or just certain items?

It is a bit surprising in the current state of economy although not uncommon (i.e. recent prices for plasma TVs)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston price increase ?
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2009, 07:24 pm »

Is this true?
When is this happening?
By how much?

It is a bit surprising in the current state of economy although not uncommon (i.e. recent prices for plasma TVs)

Hi,

Yes increases on all the SST SQ versions of the amplifiers due to increases in parts cost.

james

95Dyna

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2009, 07:29 pm »
Will there be any notice so that those who are late in the decision process currently can act accordingly?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2009, 07:32 pm »
Will there be any notice so that those who are late in the decision process currently can act accordingly?

Hi,

I will certainly try.

james

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2009, 08:49 pm »
Just when you thought you had your mind made up (well almost), the world slowly changes and you may have to re-think your options all over again.  :dunno:

I am torn between two systems, the 28Bs, BP26 and the Esoteric X-05 CD/SACD. My other choice is the Krell FBI and the Evo 505 CD/SACD. The sound is outstanding with respect to both systems.  I have also noted that our Canadian dollar is starting to creep up again in value compared to its American counterpart.

I am presently leaning towards the Bryston system - but I guess time will tell. I wish that this decision was as easy as my speaker purchase. :duh:

Regards…   

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2009, 07:32 pm »

Is this true?
When is this happening?
By how much?

Hi,

Yes increases on all the SST SQ versions of the amplifiers due to increases in parts cost.

james

Are they big or small price increases?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2009, 07:37 pm »

Is this true?
When is this happening?
By how much?

Hi,

james

5-7% depending on model.

james

danman

« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2009, 07:38 pm »
As far as I can see, all companies have increased their prices. This seems to go with the more difficult economic times and for some it is a sense of suvival. This is not the case for Bryston but some smaller companies have seen the price of parts increase by a huge margin because of a domino effect of supply and demand. Not much we can do about it even though it may seem odd to do this during hard times.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2009, 07:46 pm »
As far as I can see, all companies have increased their prices. This seems to go with the more difficult economic times and for some it is a sense of suvival. This is not the case for Bryston but some smaller companies have seen the price of parts increase by a huge margin because of a domino effect of supply and demand. Not much we can do about it even though it may seem odd to do this during hard times.

Hi Danman,

Yes the new SQ series have new very expensive power transformers and the new capacitors we are using in the circuitry are 3 times the price of the older caps. So we have tried to hold off for as long as we can but my accountant keeps telling me - move on James!

vegasdave

« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2009, 09:02 pm »

Is this true?
When is this happening?
By how much?

Hi,

james

5-7% depending on model.

james

Ok. That's good to know. That's reasonable. Thanks.

Laundrew

« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2009, 10:49 pm »
Hmmm...just to put it in perspective - an increase of 5% on the 28Bs (@$15,999) would be approximately $903.94 while an increase of 7% would cost an additional $1265.52 (or the price of a pair of CLS215s). The increase in cost is also inclusive of Ontario PST and GST which is 13%.  :o

vegasdave

« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2009, 11:19 pm »
Thanks for doing the math. I jotted that down.

Laundrew

« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2009, 12:09 am »
You are very welcome :)

Be well...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2009, 12:11 am »
MEMO: To all Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: New Bryston Price List June 15th 2009

May 26, 2009

Hi All,

Please see attached the latest price list for Bryston products dated June 2009. This replaces all previous price lists

Changes include:

1. Price increases on new 7B, 14B and 28B SST2 Series amplifiers of 5-6%
2. Increase of only 3% on all remaining SST2 amplifiers
3. Decrease of 30% on the Bryston multi-product remote
4. BP-26 no longer includes Remote Control
5. BR-2 Remote replaces all other remotes except the SP-2 remote
6. No price changes on Torus power conditioners

There are no price increases on any other products.

Any order placed prior to June 15th 2009 will be honored at the old prices.

Regards,
James Tanner,
Bryston, Ltd.

drummermitchell

« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2009, 12:15 am »
Maybe I  could postdate a cheque for the fall on another 28 :lol: :ono.

predrag

« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2009, 08:22 am »
Well, I am engaged in intl trade with different parts of the world including North America, China, Europe etc.
Chinese manufacturers have increased their prices by far much than here mentioned 5-7%.
Knowing how many companies produce over there we can expect them to raise prices much more!
I find this price increase reasonable and not a result of growing appetites, rather as a result of economic environment.
Finally Bryston has never been greedy as some others.
This level of quality for these (even inreased) prices is still best buy in this market niche.
Just my $0,02

vegasdave

« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2009, 09:14 am »
Well, I am engaged in intl trade with different parts of the world including North America, China, Europe etc.
Chinese manufacturers have increased their prices by far much than here mentioned 5-7%.
Knowing how many companies produce over there we can expect them to raise prices much more!
I find this price increase reasonable and not a result of growing appetites, rather as a result of economic environment.
Finally Bryston has never been greedy as some others.
This level of quality for these (even inreased) prices is still best buy in this market niche.
Just my $0,02

I agree.

vegasdave

« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2009, 09:16 am »
Maybe I  could postdate a cheque for the fall on another 28 :lol: :ono.

I feel the same way regarding a set of 7Bs!

Stu Pitt

« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2009, 02:29 pm »
There's absolutely nothing wrong with paying an honest price for an honest product.  Everyone knows how much something costs, yet few know how much its really worth.  To me, Bryston has always been worth every penny and then some. 

danman

« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2009, 03:07 pm »
To pay for the exceptional quality in sound and workmanship that Bryston offers is worth it. How many companies offer 20 year warrantees? How many have such incredible customer support that they and James offer? The answer is 1!

I have a friend that bought a 12000$ YBA pre-amp and it has 5 years warrantee!!!!!! I used to own a smaller model YBA that cost way more than my BP-20 and did not sound as good! 3-5% increase is nothing really all things considered. I don't usually say that price increases are either good or logical butit depends on other factors as well and Bryston has all of these bases covered. First of all, I don't think their products are that expensive..........just look at the 28B price of 16000$ for 2! 1000 watts with amazing sound that blows away many at twice the price! You get more than your money's worth.