Introduction from 3rd world

VactubesJM

Introduction from 3rd world
« on: 16 Mar 2024, 07:49 am »
Hello ,
I'm not a 3rd worlder, I just love here.
Going on 70 with a terrible SS pension because I worked overseas without the opportunity to put into social security.
I wanted to talk about class D amps.
During covid I used stimulus money to upgrade my audio system. There were many failures such as a Peachtree DAC that stopped producing sound. Got that on the Canadian Audio Mart.
A NAD CD player that stopped reading from eBay. A B&O CARTRIDGE that broke.
Positives: Cables. Maggie's. A class D audio dot com SDS250 power amp. I loved it until Tom talked me into the Mini GaN 5 amp. Ok. It fits sound better with more 3d depth. That amp poofed out. Tom graciously sent me another without a S/N. That one fizzled out. He sent me a 3rd one. I didn't turn it on for a while as I was truly afraid it wouldn't work. It played for a couple of months until last week when the music stopped. No kidding. Number 3 died too. No. I am not going to ask for another one. The shipping is too expensive. I did let Tom know through his web site that it had died. NO REPLY. Gees. Thanks a lot.
So I'm back to the SDS250. I did read a post here from 2012 on the SDS470. Great review. The 250 I have had been updated so it's better I guess.
2024. Fosi Z3a with Sparkos 3255 op-amps are being talked about all over YouTube.
I really want the Geshelli JNOG2 with the aforementioned Sparkos op-amps. Ml I'm afraid the denafrips DAC will die with the crappy electricity in my area.

I used to be really into my records with a Rega Planar 3, but after having trouble with the tone arm cables I got into Streaming. Now I use the WIIM PRO connected to one of 3 DACs. An Audio Alchemy DTI PRO/DDE 3.0 or the Topping e30 or the Khadas Tone2 Pro MQA DAC.

Please feel free to contact me on the Fosi or classdaudio dot com stuff.
JM

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Introduction from 3rd world
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2024, 10:49 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
Intetesting post, thankyou for inform us.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2024, 12:10 pm »
Welcome!

What loudspeakers are you running and what country are you living in?

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2024, 12:19 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb: