PS Audio Power Plant Premier PLUS iFi Power Station???

Zuman

I just picked up a pre-owned PS Audio Power Plant Premier power regenerator at a very good price because I'm curious to see if there is any impact from providing my system a more stable and consistent AC source. I already have an iFi Power Station.
Would you plug the iFi Power Station into the PS Audio Power Plant and connect my gear to that, or just abandon the iFi and plug everything into the PS Audio device (max output 1500W) directly?
The potential devices to plug in include:
-Rega P6 TT with Hana ML cart
-NAD M50.2 digital player/vault
-Modwright PH 9.0XT phono stage (tube stage with tube-regulated PS)
-Okto dac8 Stereo (DAC)
-Intel NUC (Roon Core)
-Modwright KWH 225i integrated amp (225 wpc hybrid tube amp).
Thanks!

AllanS

Re: PS Audio Power Plant Premier PLUS iFi Power Station???
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2024, 02:11 pm »
I don’t have direct experience but can guess at the, or at least a response you’d receive on the PS Audio forum.  Paul often describes his experience with power conditioners as clean but missing musicality (my words). 
The way I understand the explanations is power plants reconstruct the ac to deliver “perfect” power that doesn’t require conditioning. 
A quick search led to this discussion comparing the PPP to the newer generation PP3 suggesting the PP3 tech is a scaled down version of the PPP.  So I’d expect the explanation to apply and recommendation to be to run w/o the iFi Power Station.
https://forum.psaudio.com/t/stellar-power-plant-3-vs-premier-power-plant/29031

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2024, 02:15 pm »
Hey!

Skip the iFi Power Station... it is just a line filter not a regenerator like the PS Audio. So, plug everything into the PS Audio.

Just make sure you don't exceed the PS Audio's power, I'd leave some headroom maybe a third or so. Your amp at 225wpc is pretty big make sure you check that won't over load the PS Audio, otherwise you might have to plug it directly to the wall.

I have the original P600 and I power my whole system with it, I have smaller SET amps so they don't pull too much power. Normally I never use more than 300 watts from the P600, so a lot of headroom left.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2024, 05:56 pm »
I too have the PS Audio Power Plant Premier. I have fairly clean power approximately 3 to 4% THD coming into the power plant. Does it help? Well it doesn't hurt. I have used filters previously (APS Wedge 116) and for me, it sucked some life out of the music. So I believe I would ditch the iFi power station, but do your own experimentation and listen to what you think.

The rated 1500W power plant premier has more than ample power for my entire system. I have two 500W mono amps for subs, a couple 150W stereo amps and ancillary gear all hooked to power plant. Distributing load as recommended by manual. I used a cheezy power meter at input to determine maximum wattage used by system when cranked at high SPL's and found it used significantly less wattage then rated. I believe I recall (it has been a number of years ago when I set this up) in the 400 to 500W range when cranked compared to the 1500W rated of the power plant premier.   

Zuman

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2024, 11:36 pm »
Thanks, all. I appreciate your advice and experience!