Kodak 14 now shipping

drphoto

Kodak 14 now shipping
« on: 13 Mar 2003, 05:02 am »
Kodak's wundercam is finally shipping. I'll probably buy one. Will post impressions here. When I do, will have a gently used D1X and barely used Fuji S2 for sale. The Fuji is a really great camera in some ways superior to the 'X' at half the price. (It's built on a 'prosumer' grade body...same as Nikon D100... that's not nearly as rugged as the X which accounts for the price differential.)

drphoto

Kodak 14 now shipping
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2003, 12:55 am »
Local dealer finally got one, so going to test this bad boy soon. Cambo has a mini view camera specifically made to mate up w/ this cam, which opens up all sorts of possibilities.

drphoto

Kodak 14 now shipping
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2003, 02:37 am »
Well, finally tried this tonight.

What can I say......sucks!  Lousy software, noisy images, poor ergonomics......ughhh. My cheap Fuji S2 is far better.

Kodak....should have known.

Gonna try Cannon's wundercam in the next few days.

navi

Kodak 14 now shipping
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2003, 01:42 pm »
i've been using the canon D60 it's pretty good if you shoot at 100ISO anthing above looks bad.

try the canon 10D- i will be buying it soon.

navi.
Melbourne, Australia

brad b

Leica Digilux
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2003, 01:56 pm »
Thru my hat in the ring about 9 months ago with mixed results.  Traded all my 35 mm Canon gear and bought the Leica.  Love it for many things, but like many digitals you cannot see the screen accurately in bright conditions, and dark situations confuse the focusing ability.  I am definitely going to wait awhile, as I do not believe they fully understand how to integrate programming with the optics.  
Brad

navi

Kodak 14 now shipping
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2003, 03:19 pm »
I must give the leica a try one day.

The main problem i have with digicams is that shooting with a wide angle lense seems to cause distortion/colour bleed around the edges of the image. i've been told it happens because of the  mag.factor of x1.5 on the digicams

anybody else have that problem?

navi.
Melbourne, Aust.

brad b

wide angle distortion
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2003, 04:31 pm »
while fooling around on the leica digital forum I have found numerous inquiries about the best way to handle wide angle, and virtually all the responses indicate less than desirable results with the add on screwmounts.  I have to confess, I have never spent anytime actually using the leica as a way to capture movies.  To clunky, single focus option, lousy audio, etc...I'm sure I could get better, but not my cup of tea for now.