TTWeights impressions/opinions

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
Re: TTWeights impressions/opinions
« Reply #40 on: 16 Nov 2010, 12:48 pm »
John TCG,
Hey, wasn't even started. Much to do about nothing.

On the other hand, I'm surprised about your comments on a center clamp or weight. I find they usually make a significant change whether or not there is slippage.
neo

TheChairGuy

« Reply #41 on: 16 Nov 2010, 04:00 pm »
John TCG,
Hey, wasn't even started. Much to do about nothing.

On the other hand, I'm surprised about your comments on a center clamp or weight. I find they usually make a significant change whether or not there is slippage.
neo

neo,

Given I'm originally from New York, my character is to grind away at someone to gain a laugh.  However, I've found many folks outside of NY misinterpret that brand of humor, and too often take offense to it - so I've learned to tame it whenever possible (in everyday life as the internet)

We used to have a regional group called NY Rave here at AudioCircle, it was by far the busiest regional circle at AC....most of the guys are still here, but the circle is gone because the hijinx from that one very popular circle was the type of humor that grated on too many others here. See the Archives section for it.

It didn't bother me a whit, in fact I laughed like like hell at their antics...but, I have the benefit of 15 years away from New York to know that humor was running headlong into a fight with others - from other parts of the US, Canada, UK, Australia and elsewhere here on AC.

I didn't agree that it should be mothballed, but I understood why it was eliminated.

Having gone to school and lived around Philly; Philadelphians can get a bit rough, too.

So, I'm not certain Mitsuman, from St. Louis, see's the banter as much the same as you. You may want to ask him in a PM, not in the topic so we can get it back on track.

Speaking of back on track.....I've yet to use a center weight or clamp that was what I would characterize as VERY beneficial.  An outer ring clamp is a different and more helpful contraption entirely.....damping the record, but likely more importantly, helping to flatten the record to provide more precise tracking.

John

Douger

« Reply #42 on: 22 Nov 2010, 03:16 am »
I am using the 600 gram outer ring from TTWeights on my Nottingham Interspace when called for, and it works very well. I consider the main benefit is flattening a record. I have collected weights and clamps over the years and it kills me not to buy at least one from them but I have all weight ranges covered. I would recommend their products wholeheartedly.

Douger

orthobiz

« Reply #43 on: 22 Nov 2010, 04:01 am »
neo,

Given I'm originally from New York, my character is to grind away at someone...
John

19 years out of new York and I still have trouble in the Midwest. Much less than I did when I moved. People on forums can be thin skinned and vituperative at the same time.

Paul