Couple Q's on the Bugle and power supply I'm building...

ScottRT

Hi : I know a number of you out there have built the Hagerman Bugle phono stage kit, and maybe some of you the power supply that surplants the 2 9volt batteries for it. I would like advice on a few items...

1.The large heatsinks that the voltage regulators bolt to have two large locating lugs on the bottom side. Are these soldered firmly to the curcuit board, or just left to float freely in the locating holes?

2. Should I use a special grade of wire for the short runs from the board to the panel(enclosure)mounted audio jacks? I do happen to have some solid silver/teflon 24 ga. wire on hand.

3. Is a metallic enclosure box preferred to a plastic one for stray field reduction? If so, any suggested sources for one? The Digi-key sourced one was $20 almost. Seemed like alot.

Pending a backordered transformer arriving and fitting everything into an enclosure, I'm anxious to hear the improvements this stage will have over the intergrated one in my Denon AVR.

All feedback appreciated!

Scott T. (back into vinyl for only a couple weeks now, but digging the sound and the fiddling/tweaking)